Taliban military comander cought

My guess is that he must have ticked off the Pakistanis in order for them to give him up. Oh well one down, but I'm sure there are plenty more waiting in line to take his place on the crap heap.

Or maybe the Pakistanis preferred another guy so they got rid of this one so the guy they like could do his work with less interference.

They should use a *monetary rewards* to entice the public to give up those hiding amongst civilians. Maybe get UN to set up pots for such a task? :idea:

I want to say "so what?"...
Just another Taliban if you want my opinion. He will be replaced very soon. In a matter of minutes. The time for the Taliban to say "we need a new number 2, you there, with the fat beard. You take his place."

And problem solved for them.

They give us this "news" like if they caught the brain of the Taliban... We all know they have no brains... Look at how awful their country is.

Of course, I'm exaggerating a little... But still...

These guys are extremist nut jobs. What kind of leadership they need?

I think that a "leader" is less important than a bombmaker. I think that the guy that makes IEDs is far more dangerous than the guy who says "you do this and you do that."

Of course, I'm exaggerating a little... But still...

These guys are extremist nut jobs. What kind of leadership they need?

I think that a "leader" is less important than a bombmaker. I think that the guy that makes IEDs is far more dangerous than the guy who says "you do this and you do that."

No, you are dead wrong.

Do you think it is an easy task to plan and organize an ambush on militarypersonel from the west?
Think again.

On the other hand, most nutters with a laptop and a link up can find workable blueprints of IED,s online.
Old artyshells litter that entire nation.

The more leaders you take out the less people capable of mounting a largescale attack somewhere else..
Will there be a new one ready to fill his spot? Undoubtedly.
Will he be as well trained/educated as the previous one? Not as clear cut.
Will there eventually be a shortage of people capable of mounting large scale attacks? Yes there will.
Will we take this thing as far as we need? Hardly.

With the MTV attention span we have chances are slim we will do what it takes.

//KJ.

I hope you are right KJ. I'm not as optimist as you.

I'm not a military strategist. But If I can use my team management skills on this topic. Taking out the head of the pyramid from time to time can have good systemic effects.

He might be replaced by someone more skilled or just someone different who might try different ideas... And ideas survive to bullets and guided missiles as you know...

On the long term, it's a bad thing, that's for sure.

Ultimately this is a good thing - it results in dislocation, due to his capture, which interferes with the current C3I network for the Taleban. Long term he will be replaced as will anyone in a hierarchical environment.

The question is, how does Nato exploit this dislocation? It certainly won't have any bearing on current ops, but do we have the flexibility to mount simultaneous ops to exploit "intelligence" gathered and use it fruitfully and promptly.

Still anything that degrades the Taleban is to be welcomed.

Back