The Taliban and the Destruction of a World Wonder

Welshwarrior said:
Are we typing too fast for you?

It would be good if you would flesh out your replies a little more. Just a tad more verbiage would be a big help toward understanding what you're thinking.
Don't confuse cleverness with thoughtful conversation.

Last edited:
i rmember when this happened, there was an article in the paper and we had to analyse it for English. the article appeared before 9/11, maybe we should have seen that if they were that disrespectful to others and so extremist and kept them a closer eye on them.

It was a very sad thing to do but Taliban were radicals and un-educated so what could we expect. One of the basic principles in our religion is to safe-guard the interests of small communities.

But the main problem is the lack of education, though not all among them are bad.

Many Taliban militants defected during "Operation Enduring Freedom" and are now part of the current Afghan Government.

But I would like to remind you people that these are results of the PAST mistakes by Americans in the regional affairs in South Asia.

Defeating Soviet Union was one job but establishing a true democracy in Afghanistan was also the job of United Nations after the war, but they evaded their responsibilities, which gave rise to militancy and resulted in tragic actions around the globe.

The Taliban are educated, just not in a way that most of the world finds acceptable. If memory serves me correctly they believe that all Muslims should live in the ways on Mohammed and from a very young age they are taught to live this way. *Cough* cult *cough*

Also, isn't Taliban derived from Talib, which is a student of some sort? (Sorry for the ignorance on this issue. I like to think I know more than most Americans on Geography but this is a dark issue for me.)

Damien435 said:
The Taliban are educated, just not in a way that most of the world finds acceptable. If memory serves me correctly they believe that all Muslims should live in the ways on Mohammed and from a very young age they are taught to live this way. *Cough* cult *cough*

Also, isn't Taliban derived from Talib, which is a student of some sort? (Sorry for the ignorance on this issue. I like to think I know more than most Americans on Geography but this is a dark issue for me.)
The education they got was very limited in nature and more of extremist type, as these people studied mainly in Madarrasas in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran. The fact is that these people were talented but they were exploited for personal gains by some corporations to do their dirty work.

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) never tought falsehoodness and extremism to people.

It was he (PBUH) who introduced the concept of respect for women when in his times, they were buried alive on birth in Middle East. Taliban did exactly opposite to that and women were seriously confined within the boundaries with lots of restrictions. And many were also killed if they dis-obeyed!

It was he (PBUH) who taught the concept of brotherhoodness and love and respect for ethnic minorities (unless they engage in conspiracies against you). Taliban did exactly opposite to this even when Buddhist did not do anything against them and they had less respect for civilians.

And there are many other such types of things which will take me a long time to explain.

But you are right that word Taliban is derived from a Arabic word "Talib" which means "Student" in English.

Last edited:
How dare those Talibans desecrate one of the most peaceful religions of the world (Not the one that called themselves peaceful yet do atrocities under name of god)

Another reason to discredit those Islamic extremists.

Truly scare how distorted a religion can be.

And how they kill in name of god.

But, In the end they(Taliban) go to hell.

HAHAHAHA sucks for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Why just blame the Taliban....What about the Catholic church in South America trying to destroy all the Aztec Temples and buildings

LeEnfield said:
Why just blame the Taliban....What about the Catholic church in South America trying to destroy all the Aztec Temples and buildings

Unless Catholics have been running around in Afghanistan destroying statues of Buddha then the blame does go on the Taliban. What do Catholics have to do with the topic?

I don't think trying to deflect attention from one group to promote an agenda against another group is ever a good idea.

It's like saying, "Well, little Timmy killed three people yesterday at school." "Yeah, but what about the Nazis, they killed far more than three people and did it for years?"

Back