Tactical Feasibility of Israeli Strike on Iran

Whispering Death

Alright, I'm going to try this again because the last time I presented this topic I did it in an incorrect fassion.

WARNING: DO NOT ENGAGE IN A ISRAEL-IRAN DEBATE. THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD AND ANY POSTS OF THAT KIND WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REFERED TO THE MODERATORS. THIS IS NOT A COUNTRY VS. COUNTRY THREAD. KEEP PERSONAL POLITICS TO THE POLITICS FORUM.

There is currently a notion amoung many in the world that Israel would launch a millitary strike against Iran if Iran continues its current path with regards to nuclear technology. However, Israel and Iran do not share a geographic boarder and the politics of the region are areguably the most complex and tense in the world. There are many other factors including the defenses of the sites in question, logistical constraints, technological avaliability, and offensive capability amoung others that must be considered in such an event.

The question posed is what are the possible ways and the most likely way for Israel to launch a sucessfull strike on Iran as many in the media claim they will do.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know what the Israeli air force's offensive capabilities are enough to make a good determination on how such a strike would work.

I do think that the best plan is to fly straight over Iraq and make a deal with the Iraqi government behind closed doors that they won't condemn the invasion of their air space but they also won't support it. That way they don't have to answer to their constituants that they helped the Jews, they can just say by the time we realized it was happenning it was over.

Well, It had happened when Israel Air striked Eygyt in the Six day war. I think the Israelis will Strike with their Warplanes and Bombers in the night. At those Nuclear Reactors, They will drop bombs to destroy them. They may also send in assault teams to sabotage the other buildings and structures that are related to the Nuclear program! If there is a chance, I think the Israeli Commandos will mopst probably assainate the Iran President.

zander_0633 said:
Well, It had happened when Israel Air striked Eygyt in the Six day war. I think the Israelis will Strike with their Warplanes and Bombers in the night.

Egypt is one thing as that is "right across the border", remember Iran is loated at a much longer distance and requires the usage of neighbouring countries airspace. Will Syria and/or Jordan allow that to happen? If no, then a flight over the Red Sea, Arabian Sea and into the Persian Gulf is their only option if not Turkey plays out a joker setting at risk NATO.

phoenix80 said:
may be he was talking about attack on the Osirak reactor in 1980s?

Could be, but how did they get there (flight path)- that's my question and will Israel be able to get all the way to Iran today?

either one is unlikely.....although both or either could, with proper intel and support, produce short-term gains by holding up these programs...but remember, this so called 'president' doesn't control anything...he is the mouthpiece for a committee of mulliahs the actually control Iran, and according to news and intell I have read from other sites, a large portion of Iranians hate them....plus the complexes the Iranians are building are big and many are underground and hardened....I would say a promotion of a inserection within Iran is the best opotion, but this takes time and there is no guarantee it would work either

What is the chance of the population of Iran turning on the theocracy? As I understnad it a large percentage of the population is young and pregressive but afraid to challenge the wierd beards that are in control. If Israel or the US were to take out key elements and/or assasinate enough wierd beards, might the smartest ones sieze the opportunity and take over?

What is the chance of the population of Iran turning on the theocracy? As I understnad it a large percentage of the population is young and pregressive but afraid to challenge the wierd beards that are in control. If Israel or the US were to take out key elements and/or assasinate enough wierd beards, might the smartest ones sieze the opportunity and take over?

Yeh but a decapitation strike on Iran is not gona do much for the US image in the muslim world.

I'm not too concerned about our image in the Muslim world any more. Not that I watch CNN these days but right after 911 they kept running that footage of those stupid palestinians screaming that ulululululululululululu bullsh*t supposedly celebrating our loss. I don't think we really have an "image" to worry about any more over there. Anyway, while I agree that that would normally not be a wise option, my point was that there are people there capable of running the country based on what I've heard from expatriates that I have met.

What the f***k is that ulululululu bulls*it about anyway?

Well, The Israelis could send in their Commandos to do the assasination of key figures in the Nuclear industry and blame it on other countries like Turkey or Iraq!

Back