AT&T vs Verizon

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Ok, here's the deal. I am currently with Verizon, but they are pissing me off. I want to get the iPhone, but don't know about AT&T. What are the arguments both ways. Please help.

The way I look at it is this. I am having a terrible experience with my Palm Treo 755p with Verizon. This is my second Treo as the first one brokas well. I went in there today to get a new phone and it would cost me $275 for the base model since I am still under contract with them and don't get any discounts. Since they won't budge, I told them to get bent! It will only cost me $115 to leave Verizon while still in contract with them. Do the math. Plus I will have more features that I like.

I have AT&T. I love it. Well most of the time. LOL The whole "never drop a call" thing is BS, but then that can be said for all of the cell phone carriers. I've never used Verizon, but I can tell you my best friend uses them and she hates it. She's switching to something else as soon as her contract is up.

As for the iPhone, I haven't got mine yet, but one of my friends has one and he is totally in love with it. He says its the best and most reliable phone he's ever owned. And we love it because he can look stuff up for us from anywhere. Have a sudden urge to know who won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1954? Yeah. We totally abuse his poor phone. :)

I'd switch to AT&T if it were me. But that's just my humble opinion. :)

I've got AT&T mainly because reception with any other company around here is nil. No problems. Always found Customer Service to be outstanding.

I own my own business, with my husband. We use AT&T and generally love it. I have the blackberry, and love the fact that I can get to most internet sites without trouble. My daugher also has AT&T and uses the Tilt. She seems to have had pretty good luck thus far with it (She got it in December, and hasn't broken it yet... I think that's a record in itself!). I also like that I can look at all of the phones individually for call/texting records, but I can also see them lumped together.

I don't know basically anything about AT&T, but I do know that I like T-Mobile, and the iPod touch does the exact same thing as an iPhone except for the calling...

TI -- too late for my input?

Verizon still has the best coverage around the NCR. Can you look on eBay for a used phone/Palm that will work on Verizon?

I guess this is a littel late but I'll send it anyway as there might be someone who can use the info.

Background: I worked for 5 years for a company that made test equipment for cellular networks. A hardware verison of the "Can you hear me now guy". We sold equipment to all of the major carriers as well as some of the smaller ones. (Sprint, AT&T, Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket, Alltel, Bell, US Cellular, Telus, Movilnet to name a few). I was the manufacturing manager and responsible for building, testing and delivering the equipment to the customer.

Here are my impressions on the major carriers based on what I saw.
Sprint: Decent company, managed well, very demanding
AT&T/Cingular: Bad company, managed poorly, some business dealings were one the verge of being shady some business ddealings were unethical. I will never have service with either of these companies.
I had my first cell phone with Cingular and my first monthly bill was $650. It took 2 days on the phone with them for them to correct it
Verizon: Good company, managed very well (This is my cell provider), One of the easiest companies to deal with. This is why they are my cell provider. I also have my landline and DSL with them.

If anyone would like any more info please PM me.

Back