T.O. not sending McNabb any condolences

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor

JAIME ARON

Associated Press

IRVING, Texas - Donovan McNabb shouldn't expect a "Get well soon" text message from Terrell Owens.
"Absolutely not," Owens said Tuesday.
But, T.O., don't you remember McNabb sending you one following your reported suicide attempt that turned out to be an accidental overdose?
"I'm not even going there, dude," Owens said, laughing and shaking his head. "I wouldn't even make up a story like that. It's not even worth it. Just not even worth it."
Although McNabb has said he reached out to Owens following his brief hospital stint in September, Owens has maintained he never received anything from McNabb.
The mix-up or media ploy - depending on whose side you're on - only added to the bitter feelings between the former Philadelphia teammates whose friendship dissolved oh-so-publicly.
And now that it's McNabb in need of a pick-me-up following a torn knee ligament, it won't be coming from Owens - even if the receiver is now a children's author with an upcoming book possibly to be titled "Little T Learns To Say I'm Sorry." His first book for kids, "Little T Learns To Share," was released last week.
On Thursday, he might line up against another children's author, Tampa Bay cornerback Ronde Barber.
The Cowboys (6-4) and Buccaneers (3-7) meet at Texas Stadium in a Thanksgiving matchup lacking some sizzle. Owens, however, is already looking forward to putting on a show in his first time playing on the holiday.
"I'm definitely looking forward to it," he said. "Any time that spotlight is available, I'm going to try to stick my head in it, try to get some of it."
Considering he's already added to his resume of touchdown celebrations by using the football as a pillow, don't be surprised if he gets to the end zone and pretends to carve a turkey or does some sort of re-enactment of the pilgrims at Plymouth Rock.
"I got some things up my sleeve," Owens said. "I got something planned."
Owens is in a good mood these days because Dallas has won two games in a row and three of four since Tony Romo replaced Drew Bledsoe as the starting quarterback. Better yet for Owens, Romo looks for No. 81 far more than Bledsoe did.
"He's been a great key for us," Owens said. "The things that he does, as far as escaping the rush and moving around in the pocket a little bit, it's helped us sustain some drives. Obviously his presence has been felt back there."
With their Romo-infused push, the Cowboys have even moved into a tie for first place in the NFC East with the New York Giants losing Monday night. Dallas is among a pack of teams with six wins, second-best in the conference.
"We're not riding a wave yet," Owens said. "They're crashing on the shore, so we'll get on it sooner or later."
How about Romo? Is he riding a wave - such as the talk of the quarterback pursuing singer Jessica Simpson, gossip that Owens stoked by saying on his radio show last week, "Maybe we can double date and I can go out with Ashlee."
"That's all it is, rumors," Owens said. "That's how he's going to get famous."

Back