Syria shoots down a Turkish fighter jet - Page 2

--

June 28th, 2012  
Damien435

I also doubt the idea that NATO put Turkey up to this, more likely the aircraft strayed off course and the Syrians shot it down. Don't know if you folks have heard, but **** hit the fan a long time ago in that country and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Syrian air defenses have been on a heightened alert level for quite some time. I assume for air defense the border is much like the wire/perimeter at our FOB and standing orders are if anyone gets within 25m of the wire light the MF's up.
June 28th, 2012  
captiva303

NATO lol.... NATO only comes into it if Syria strikes the US or Europe directly....
June 29th, 2012  
turkishwolf

Syrian act is unacceptable.They could warn to our pilots but they didnt, they shoot down
So pity for our pilots, we should answer to their attack but we didnt. I dont mean that start to war against to syrian but we could do somethings.Goverment didnt do anything just like before. Coz they are waiting order from Usa. But bad timing for a war, coz obama is waiting for elections, after elections war can start against to Syrian. I want to say that this is not Turkish people war but god damn we are in this war without its starting.
--
July 1st, 2012  
oRTouCH

It was an unarmed combat capable training fighter, it was flying over international waters. And we know that, it is easy to shot down an unarmed fighter. Most of the RF-4E Phantoms are used for training and reconnaissence missions for Turkish Air Force. This hostile action showed us that Syria is one another bandit state. They opened fire to another Turkish rescue plane in the same day.

The important thing is Turkish military activity on Syrian border. Turkish army deployed troops and tanks to the border. The tension is incresing in the region and Syria is not aware what Turkey can do. Syrian MoFA said "It was an acciddent" in the first day. But today they say it was a defensive action.

Poor Syria you are playing a dangerous game. Your army is not capable of playing such a dangerous war game against Turkey.
July 3rd, 2012  
fataljoshua

It's not surprising that the brinksmanship finally leads to accidental conflict.
It will benefit no one directly involved in war, the winner in the end is always the warmongers and weapon sellers(Actually these men are amazingly smart)
It's a shame that the word of Russell couldn't get across after decades.
July 7th, 2012  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva303
NATO lol.... NATO only comes into it if Syria strikes the US or Europe directly....
You do realize Turkey is a member of NATO, right?