Syria Says It Shot at Israeli Aircraft

rock45

Syria Says It Shot at Israeli Aircraft

By ALBERT AJI – 1 day ago
DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) — The Syrian government charged Thursday that Israeli aircraft dropped "munitions" inside Syria overnight and said its air defenses opened fire in a new escalation of tensions between the decades-old foes.
It was unclear what happened. Syria stopped short of accusing Israel of purposely bombing its territory, and an Israeli spokesman said he could not comment on military operations.
Analysts speculated such a foray could have been probing Syria's defenses or monitoring long-range missile bases. The reported path also would have taken the jets near Iran, whose growing power and anti-Israel government worries leaders of the Jewish state.
The incident came after a summer of building tensions that have fed worries of a military conflict erupting between Syria and Israel. Syria accused Israel last month of seeking a pretext for war, and the Israelis are keeping a close watch on Syrian troop movements.
Both sides have insisted they want no conflict along the disputed frontier. But Syria fears it is being squeezed out of a U.S.-brokered Mideast peace conference planned for November and will be left at a disadvantage in the standoff with Israel.

Full story
news bot
icon12.gif

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gD-E7E_IrcMkCLx2Ouqu6IY9f-DA

Radar net

If this is true think it's just testing Syria's radar net? I thinks there's gaps in the way Syria is reporting this story or claim. Seems that things are missing like for one were no Syrian aircraft launched? A second question I have was the Israeli jet fired at coming in or going out?

answer

I wish I could but nothing more on this is coming out really and the base story is coming from Syria. Nothing good comes from Syria period so I guess well wait but I think this will fade. Basically for two reason first Syria isn't going to say "by the way Israel flew jets in and out of our air space and we did nothing" and or we couldn't even launch a single fighter to protect out own air space from out hated enemy. Second Israel isn't going to say " yes we did fly into Syria's air space and this is how we did it and why", not happening. So this will fade away like Syria buying Mig-31s a few months ago. Grabs a little press for a day or so and then gone. My first reaction with s_it like this is it's draws your attention away while something else is happing somewhere else. Just going with my gut.

Well overdo

Why have they been allowed to get away with so much for so long is totally unacceptable to me. With all the talk about a future war against Iran which may or may not happen Syria gets over looked. So much bad comes from, through, supported by, and so on from Syria and basically nothing is done to them, why? It's airports and ports are open to all if must be the terrorist hub of the world hands down right? I would like to think it wouldn't be to difficult to prove weapons and bad people are coming directly from Syria into Iraq right? We threaten to bomb Pakistan into a wasteland if they didn't help (if you want to call it help) why is Syria spared? Would Iran come to Syria's aide? Iran deserves everything it has coming to them but to me Syria's right there second in line hands down.

Back