• Cover raid

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Stay out of it

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RusCan2013

I've read that Bashar Assad is supposedly living aboard a Russian warship, commanding his forces from there: http://www.timesofisrael.com/assad-and-family-said-to-be-living-on-a-warship/

Now, if he is, in fact, on a Russian warship, besides his own bodyguards, he would be under the protection of an elite contingent of heavily-armed Russian Marines (or "Naval Infantry" as they are called over there) such as patrol and guard most Russian Naval vessels, especially the capital ships
image_4d629509a79ad.jpg

182104.jpg
554458878787456.JPG
copy-of-_p046495.jpg

sev_orel_2012__04.jpg

Plus, the Navy crewmen can also be armed if necessary
1356596901morpehi.jpg

In this case, if Assad is on the ship, probably they would arm some of the sailors and post them strategically to back up the Marines.

Point is, if this rumor is true, there is now armed Russian military personnel protecting Assad, and thus directly involved in this civil war in Syria.

Now, my question. If NATO learned, tomorrow, that Assad is about to launch a massive attack on rebel held areas using chemical and gas weapons, likely to kill tens of thousands, at least, would the US and NATO (including maybe us, Canada):

1. Attack the Russian warship (and probably other Russian Naval vessels in the area, who would likely go to their comrades' aid) directly, with missiles and such, sink them, along with Assad, killing a large number of Russian military personnel, and probably starting WWIII in the process.
  2. Form a crack team of US Navy SEALs and such, sneak them in on a submarine, have them covertly board the Russian ship at night and try to assassinate Assad, running the risk of them being discovered and engaged by Russian forces aboard, with casualties on both sides, and them probably being identified as Americans, at which point that too could be construed as an act of war by Putin, who has been getting crazier lately, and again, could lead to WWIII.
  3. Stay out of it, and tens of thousands of Syrians die.
First two options could lead to a nuclear holocaust. Third - a local genocide in Syria. What do you think NATO governments would do?

This picture just cracks me up...
sev_orel_2012__04.jpg

The lot look confused as hell and the guy on the end looks like he has been asked to explain quantum theory in 3 words or less.

Well, to get conscripted to the military in Russia, one "requirement" is failure to get into a postsecondary institution, so, yeah, already we know they aren't exactly picking the best and brightest lol

Quite frankly, Marines are not so bad, but in the Army, they now have actual basic literacy classes: many of the soldiers, coming in from rural Siberia or such places, can barely read and write in own Russian language, let alone master any foreign ones, or any complicated professional terminology :(

Well, to get conscripted to the military in Russia, one "requirement" is failure to get into a postsecondary institution, so, yeah, already we know they aren't exactly picking the best and brightest lol

Quite frankly, Marines are not so bad, but in the Army, they now have actual basic literacy classes: many of the soldiers, coming in from rural Siberia or such places, can barely read and write in own Russian language, let alone master any foreign ones, or any complicated professional terminology :(

That's understandable where some of the troops were coming from remote rural areas and hadn't finished schooling - reminds me of the literacy programmes the US Army runs.

That's understandable where some of the troops were coming from remote rural areas and hadn't finished schooling - reminds me of the literacy programmes the US Army runs.

Yep. The thing is, there's gonna be more and more of it in the future, and I'll tell you why: one word - demographics.

Who has largest families in Russia?

Number one, first, and foremost - the religious, the hard-line Orthodox Christians
719abfae.jpg

(we will just address the Slavic population here, I will touch on the Muslims and Siberian Buddhists and Northern natives later on).

Especially - the overwhelmingly rural and extremely devout "Old Believers", Orthodox who practice a branch of Orthodoxy that pre-dates the modern Orthodox Church. They live in villages in the forests of Siberia and in the Northern tundra. Not many families there have less than 4 children.
97270.jpg

x_b44ddfd3.jpg

genamikheev2180_novyi_razmer.jpg
DSC04548%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%B9%D1%82.jpg
BAPTISM_.jpg

Between the 2002 Census and the 2010 one, their number went up from 1,800,000 to 2,500,000. This is a very simply, traditionalist society, who shun most modern technology, and modern concepts, such as higher education, especially for women. Girls are simply married off, as young as 14 years old
4ffb357fcc2c6.jpg

to boys starting from age 19, and their job is simply to give birth to and raise the children and to take care of the home. Women's rights are at the level of 18th to early 19th century over there. They are wilfully ignorant of politics too, most don't know nor care who is in power in Moscow, as it hardly impacts them anyway. lol They also don't have schools, they home-school their children which, for most part, consists of Bible study.

Then, you have the Cossacks, who also tend to have large broods
1263667029_564_FT0__.jpg
userid82602time20110911182249.jpg
af871a14360152c585757b0dd0a0121e67d41d5d.jpg

and who are just as devoutly Orthodox and as reactionary and ultra-conservative as the Old Believers. Their population is also steadily rising.

And then, there are the urban poor, like the Putrishevich family
412684.jpg

who live in a communal apartment. Today, 23,000,000 people in Russia live on less than $5 a day. Most of those are families with at least 2 children. And they are not necessarily rural, like the two above mentioned groups, as both the Old Believers and the Cossacks maintain successful farms and such and are actually fairly well off by Russian standards. Most of the poor are urban families like the Putrishevichs, living in communal apartments (one family per room), in impoverished ghetto-type neighbourhoods, with according quality of education available.

And then there are the rural Muslims
7f69917e3e532129d34c9b75ed397dbe.d503f778f622205.23102600.jpeg

Siberian Buddhists
1333098472_semya-kuulara-eresa.jpg

and Northern natives
pic-lib-666-large.jpg

who all are not exactly overeducated people.

Meanwhil, the educated urban middle class families are small. Less and less soldiers come from there. And so, that is what you get. Soldiers who need to be taught to read and write :D

Are you serious?Nobody want to dead for little Syria, don't you know what the mean of ww3? it mean global nuclear war and the mankind go to extinction.

I've read that Bashar Assad is supposedly living aboard a Russian warship, commanding his forces from there: http://www.timesofisrael.com/assad-and-family-said-to-be-living-on-a-warship/

First two options could lead to a nuclear holocaust. Third - a local genocide in Syria. What do you think NATO governments would do?

Last edited:
Are you serious?Nobody want to dead for little Sylia, don't you know what the mean of ww3? it mean global nuclear war and the mankind go to extinction.

Yes, I know. That is why I asked... I know it could cause a big war, but, at the same time, if this conflict takes a genocidal turn, I think there should be an intervention, to save lives.

If there are beautiful girls very hot in syria,and the girls like to return me with sexual behavior.:mrgreen: I will consider risk my life to register become a militaryman save the Syria people from genocidal , except these ,no moneys no talk.

Do you think I am very selfish? Yeah,that is right!

Yes, I know. That is why I asked... I know it could cause a big war, but, at the same time, if this conflict takes a genocidal turn, I think there should be an intervention, to save lives.

Last edited:

everybody say they want to help... no one really want to waste money on syria, even when more than 70,000 people have died in the last 2 years as a result from the war. no one wants to give weapons to the rebels, because most of them are islaminatic extremists and terrorists. by giving them weapons and support, you are supporting Al-quida and many other terrorist organizations.

It's "Allah Akbar". It roughly translates to "God is great" or "Glory to God".

Every time I heard it outside of prayer it was usually followed by a blast of some sort...

Why these white guys won't liberate the Syria people from "evil' Syria government?? If the west countries goverment won't interfere Syria. I can recommend these brave men join the rebels by volunteers. Then the rebels will give them some AK47 or RPG, and these brave white guys will get a opportunity sacrifice their lives for "democracy and freedom" of Syria people.
:drunkb:
Oh, what a great job!

Last edited:
Back