Swore in

rotc boy

Went to MEPS yesterday and today to join the USMC. Drove down to Fort Sam Houston and took the ASVAB thurs. and got a 93 on that. Woke up the next morning at 4 and took the physical, aced all of that except for the vision test. Had a little trouble getting my MOS, but they managed to get me a waiver for it.
I'm going to be a helicopter crew chief, and my ship date is July 7th...OO RAH!:cheers:

Congrats.... :cheers:

Listen to your Drill Instructors, don't be a hot dog, and remember.... It will be over sooner then you know it.

right now i can do 103 sit ups in 2 minutes, run 1.5 miles in about 11 minutes, and my weakness is pull ups, i can only do 6...

Sit ups look good but your runtime is slow and you've correctly diagnosed your pull ups as low.

For your pullups...
http://www.4mcd.usmc.mil/AOP/OSOHyattsville/PT Prep Guide.htm

For your run...
Running

Use the running chart to increase your aerobic and anaerobic stamina and to improve your two-mile time. Enter the table using your two-mile time from your APFT or your time from your self-assessment (half-mile times four). For example, your run time is 14:15. Enter the chart at +14. This program is designed to be run every other day, although there is no harm in running more often.

Sprint day: Enter the sprint portion of the chart at your run time now. Do four sprints of each of the distances, alternating your sprints between the distances. Begin with the lower distance for your speed. Attempt to beat the time listed. Rest one minute before you run the longer sprint. Rest two minutes between the longer and shorter sprints. If you feel you are not properly stressed (and as you develop your wind) decrease the amount of rest time between sprints. For those with run times of +17 to +19, when the 220-yard sprint goal is met, move up to the one-quarter mile (440 yards) and one-half mile (880 yards) runs.

Fast run day:
Begin with the lower distance for your speed. When you beat the time for the distance, move to a longer distance in the same row. When you surpass the time for the time for the distance at the bottom of the row, move to the left one row maintaining the same distance. When you move one row to the left on the fast run, also move your sprint goals to the same row.

Long and slow run: Run at least 20 minutes for a good cardio-vascular workout. Run for time during this session, not necessarily distance.

02sum_p17_max_pt_run_chart.gif

Well if you find yourself in New River before Feb 2009 i may still be there so look me up man. Soak up all you can in Boot Camp and remember that while you don't understand there is always a reason behind what the Drill Instructors are teaching.

Get plenty of PPL to write to you when you go. PLENTY OF THEM

thanks for the pt info bulldogg, I started the stuff for pull ups this morning, but I couldn't go for a run this morning because it was raining and I had to be at work at 6 am...going to go run down a trail near my house tonight...

I certainly will implicature, it'd be nice to meet someone from the forums.

thank you for your support everyone else, and all tips from former servicemen are definitely welcome:)

Especially the letters dipped in perfume and comments on the outside written, "Is it really true your DS is gay!?"

Congrats rotc boy. Which Recruit Depot are you going to be going to? I'm not sure where the line between San Diego and Parris Island is.

Semper fi.

hey bud, when you finally do get to Pensacola, Fl. dont listen to any of the idiots in "H" barracks telling you that NACCS (naval air crew candidate school) is impossible. stupid mind games, probably the easiest schools i attended and its only 4 weeks.

Sorry haven't updated in a little while. Been busy with school, work, rotc, girlfriend, friends and such...and of course PT
I am up to 9 pull ups now (wearing my rancher boots:), so probably 10 in tennis shoes)
sit ups are still about the same because I haven't been focusing on that
Run time has improved I believe, I lost my watch so I don't know how long it's taking, but it is for sure faster.

We had our poolee function for this month today. I maxed out sit ups, and did 10 pull ups.My run time on the 1.5 mile was 10:30. I haven't been able to work out much the last couple weeks because I'm working 35+ hours a week, plus school (stupid holiday season). My run time on the 1.5 mile was 10:30.
Got my hours cut down to 25 a week so I'm gonna pick up my pt again. Hoping to have the run under 10 minutes by our January pool function, and I'd like to have 15 pull ups (set the bar high:))

Back