Swiss accidentally invade Liechtenstein

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
Oops. :oops:

-----

Swiss accidentally invade Liechtenstein
Associated Press
Fri Mar 2, 5:32 PM ET

What began as a routine training exercise almost ended in an embarrassing diplomatic incident after a company of Swiss soldiers got lost at night and marched into neighboring Liechtenstein.

According to Swiss daily Blick, the 170 infantry soldiers wandered just over a mile across an unmarked border into the tiny principality early Thursday before realizing their mistake and turning back.

A spokesman for the Swiss army confirmed the story but said that there were unlikely to be any serious repercussions for the mistaken invasion.

"We've spoken to the authorities in Liechtenstein and it's not a problem," Daniel Reist told The Associated Press.

Officials in Liechtenstein also played down the incident.

Interior ministry spokesman Markus Amman said nobody in Liechtenstein had even noticed the soldiers, who were carrying assault rifles but no ammunition. "It's not like they stormed over here with attack helicopters or something," he said.

Liechtenstein, which has about 34,000 inhabitants and is slightly smaller than Washington DC, doesn't have an army.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070302/ap_on_fe_st/mistaken_invasion

We'll find a river or an indoor pool at a hotel and let you do your Marine thingy... but don't be all day about it.

liechtenstein,map,roads%20(viamichelin).gif

We're in business. Grab the rubber boat boys. We're going in. :m16:

liechtenstein,map,roads%20%28viamichelin%29.gif

We're in business. Grab the rubber boat boys. We're going in. :m16:

Brown water navy invasion. Can't we just show up in my Ford F-150 and drop the tail gate and start the post invasion cooking? Come on.... A company of blind girl scouts in powered whell chairs can take over the country. Hell, I think my dog can take over the damn place.

115009215_l.gif

Vet said she should weigh 15lbs. She infact weighs mor elike 22lbs. The fat furball of my life.

Grill?????? Sorry my friend I don't grill. I BBQ. Two different things. I'll cook you a pig so good you'll think that you died and went to heaven. I'll bring my home brew kit. Just need to figure it out before I starting making my own beer. I also make my own sangria.

Last edited:
Alrighty, Luis has land transport and mess operations, 13th is bringing the boat and the babes, I've got the propaganda leaflets covered and will liase with the locals (hearts and minds and all that) someone needs to bring ice and beer in a cooler preferably??

Alrighty, Luis has land transport and mess operations, 13th is bringing the boat and the babes, I've got the propaganda leaflets covered and will liase with the locals (hearts and minds and all that) someone needs to bring ice and beer in a cooler preferably??

I hear the Swedish Bikini Team are for hire as mercenaries. Mercy.

Back