Swine Flu

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

That's a resource where you can read up on that. Not really political but not really just chitchat either.

Hygene is a must, cooking food well is also a must. Seems like this thing is spreading like no other. Perhaps this thing was around during Prophet Mohamed's day hence the banning of pigs as a food source.
About 150 fatalities in Mexico but world wide the fatality figures seem to be on the low side.
Two drugs seem to be effective against it: oseltamivir (Tamiflu) and zanamivir (Relenza). Others don't seem to have an effect.

Our district shut down 2 schools as of today,...to disinfect,...hope everyhting returns to normal soon...:(

Damn. Hope you're alright. Taking several showers and bringing along a hand disinfectant can go a long way during times like these.

EDIT:
I got word from a friend of mine in Mexico. Says the press are just having a field day. If you feel sick wtih flu and go see a doctor, it's 100% curable.
Typical journalists.

Last edited:
We have a few confirmed cases of folk arriving back from Mexico; they are quarantined but doing OK, it seems. It is now on level 4, but some feel it could fade away if tackled.

Yeah seems like the Press is making a meal out of nothing. As usual.

I agree,..half the time I try my best not to get sick, working in a school and all and lets not forget little creatures sure love to pick their noses and cough on each other lol,..so who ever invented hand sanatizer,...I am for ever grateful :)....

EDIT:
I got word from a friend of mine in Mexico. Says the press are just having a field day. If you feel sick wtih flu and go see a doctor, it's 100% curable.
Typical journalists.[/quote]

Yeah, especially Mexican journalist....its all bout the''money...:cool:

EDIT:
Typical journalists.

Yeah, especially Mexican journalist....its all bout the''money...:cool:[/quote]

Ain't that the truth.

Yeah, especially Mexican journalist....its all bout the''money...:cool:

Ain't that the truth.[/quote]

Unfortunatly in Mexico it is all about how you can make money, the right way...the wrong way...randsom..and so on...the country itself is prosperous with the industry, cattle, fruits, and it does lots of exportation, but the government is 100% corrupt...so with that said...thank God I was born in the U S of A :)

This swine flu is a joke. I don't even want to go into detail about why it's a joke because it's late. Yes it's contagious, but 100% curable. The media is hyping it up so much and IDK why! Anything for ratings I suppose...

FDD: welcome back, man! But, er, I dunno about from what you said.

And, hope it won't hurt my vacation in Mexico in June from college break. :mad:

Yeah, it's not a big deal but I wouldn't go since you don't know how ready the Mexican medical services will be in your area. At home though you'll be just fine.

Back