Swedish military cut down

larsrq

According to Swedish newspapers today (Aftonbladet) the military are planning to fire about one fourth of the officers in Sweden and close the academy for three years. You are not allowed to recruit when you cut down on people.

Whys it happening? seems strange to close the academy, whats gonna happen to the teachers etc, surely they can find other ways of cutting the budget.

I think we are about 10000 officers and remember we don't have any NCO, all the soldiers are conscripts.

The reason to close the academy is that according to swedish labour laws you can't hire at one end and fire people at the other end. The teachers are going back to their respective regiment etc.

You know the swedish goverment have decided that the world is a nice place and no one threaten us now. :)

Our gov are living in a utopia state of mind, I find it so ridiculous that they really try to do this stunt for the public eye in this times of war and terror.

Where do they find their security advisors and experts? In Corn Flakes Pakages? Heck I do know more then those fifth colonists that drags this country from democrasy to Tyrrany all toghter and I dont even have a university education? This is nothing else then self mutilation in my eyes.

I wonder what they will say to the people when this air bubble cracks and this insane ideas bites them in the ass? I will take a bottle VAT 69 then and thank god for voting conservative even if I should been on the opposit side pure logical. But I weigh short time solutions against long term commitment. I hope more soldiers in sweden wakes up and smell´s the stink of dead meat roses. :lol: 8)

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

When was the last time we had a real military advisor in Sweden? The pople working for the defence secretary are only "Yes" people that doesn't dare to say what they should say. The Commander of Swedish armed forces (ÖB) is probably picked due to party views...

To bad we live in a "banana republic"

This started as a rumour in the papers but today I got the official Swedish Armed Forces paper today and they are going to sack around 1000 officers, cancel the academy until 2006. No new officer will come out until 2008. The once at the academy right now wil not be employed in the Armed Forces...

For those you who can read Swedish more information on www.mil.se

Back