Sweden vs Israel?

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
From our local newspaper (my translation):

"Sweden will desert Sardinia"

Stockholm. Sweden withdrew from a joint European military wargame scheduled for the month of May in Sardinia, Italy, due to the participation of Israel. It was made known yesterday from government and military sources. The Spring Flag air force exercise, scheduled from May 8 to 25 "has been organized for operations of peacekeeping and we do not wish to take part in it due to the participation of Israel", Nina Ersman, Foreign Minister spokeperson said to the Afp.
"The nine countries involved, Germany, Belgium, Britain, Italy, Israel, Norway, the Netherlands and Sweden have to jointly do their training for future international peacekeeping operations. But it seems unlikely for Israel to ever participate in such operations", the Swedish Minister said, wondering how useful the wargame would be. "Israel does not currently take part in any of the peacekeeping operations".

It is sad that the Swedes have pulled out of this exercise - I do see the Israelis to bring in their knowledge and experience to make this an exercise of benefit for the participating nations. Norway is enganged in Operation Afghan Falcon (the second or third Afghan mission for RNoAF) and these aerial exercises provides us with more knowledge and expertise to bring on to further missions - as well as enhancing our position as a full NATO member ready for any missions when needed.

Last edited:
IG, that is the worst diplomatic screw up imaginable. Can any Country have their heads deeper in the sand? Oh well, who needs that sort of involvement in such an important exercise anyhow?

I can't believe that. Why would Sweden be that stupid?

I've always had respect for Sweden and her military, but know. I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
5.56X45mm said:
I can't believe that. Why would Swden be tghat stupid?
There is only one real reason this is happening.

Sweden is bowing down to internal political pressure brought on by its own Muslim citizens. The take over has begun.

Israel is the only self-made & self-contiuing democracy in the Middle East region, for any Western power not to support them and side with Muslims non-democratic powers is just plain stupid and detremental to democracy.

gladius said:
Sweden is bowing down to internal political pressure brought on by its own Muslim citizens. The take over has begun.

Hamas is visiting the country in a short time, so there might be a connection there - but why on earth bow for the Hamas?

Last edited:
Maybe the Swedish government or population think Israel is an oppresive force that they don't want to share expertise with?

I love your comments, gladius!

Thank you. I know you are my biggest fan.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Maybe the Swedish government or population think Israel is an oppresive force that they don't want to share expertise with?
None of the other nation seem to think so. Why is this?

Maybe ther is another reason for this...

Hmmm lets see...

Anti-Semitism in Sweden

...The situation has become so bad, they report, that "Jews in Sweden today often feel compelled to hide their religious identity in public: necklaces with stars of David are carefully hidden under sweaters, and orthodox Jewish men change their kippot [skullcaps] to more discreet caps or hats when they are outdoors. Jews in Sweden nowadays get secret telephone numbers to avoid harassment. In Sweden. Today."

In a Swedish population of some 9 million, there are about 20,000 Jews, mostly in Stockholm, Sweden's capital. The social scientists blame the Muslim migrants, now 3.9 percent of the Swedish population, for the growth of anti-Semitism. (Sweden has the second-largest percentage Muslim population in Western Europe. France has the highest Muslim population percentage, 7 percent.)...

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20031028-083517-4718r.htm

Arab and Muslim Anti-Semitism in Sweden

Anti-Semitism is perceived as a minor problem in Sweden, restricted to marginal neo-Nazi and other extreme-Right groups. Anti-Jewish ferment among parts of the country's Arab and Muslim population is largely denied and ignored. Nevertheless, the phenomenon exists and manifests itself among some Arab and Muslim pupils in suburban schools, on Muslim websites in Swedish, and in attacks on Jews and their institutions. This anti-Semitism has its roots in the Middle East, where it is widespread in the countries of origin of many Arab and Muslim immigrants in Sweden...
http://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-tossavainen-f05.htm

Antisemitism in Sweden

Teachers in Swedish suburbs report widespread and brazen hostility against Jews among groups of Arab and Muslim students. This hostility is expressed by the refusal to concern oneself with anything that even can be considered as Jewish. Students may sabotage or skip teaching of Religion when Judaism is the subject, skip homework, books or examinations on courses about Judaism. During lessons in history confrontations arise between teachers and students, who may on one hand say that the Holocaust never happened — instead dismissing it as Zionistic propaganda — or on the other hand express their admiration of Hitler and regret that he didn't succeed in killing more Jews.
http://www.damianpenny.com/archived/001779.html

Sweedish Jews join IDF to escape anti-Semitism

...Mayer calls Sweden “a microcosmic example of what is happening in the rest of Europe.” He notes that “although anti-Semitism is illegal in Sweden, and while most native Swedes might not actually engage in anything of an anti-Semitic nature, they are indifferent to anti-Semitic acts taking place before their eyes and make no effort to intervene.”
“They shy away from conflict,” said Mayer.

...“Nadav, the youngest of Mayer’s children is a defiant 14-year old who insists on wearing a Star of David around his neck. As a result, he has been attacked on buses, trains and in the street by gangs of Muslim youth. Only once did a Swede come to his aid and hold off the assailants,” writes the Post...
http://www.spectator.se/stambord/?p=90

Manifestations of Anti-Semitism in the European Union - Sweden
Commissioned by the E.U. Monitoring Center on Racism and Xenophobia

...On 18 April 2002, a small public meeting with approximately 100 participants protesting against both anti-Semitism and phobic attitudes to Islam took place in central Stockholm. The organisers expressed that the rally was non-partisan and did not take sides in the Middle East conflict. The rally was organised by a branch of the Liberal Party youth organisation and several of the participants were Jews. As the rally was about to end, a much larger anti-Israeli march organised by the Palestinian support organisation was passing nearby. Suddenly, 100-150 young demonstrators broke out and charged into the little crowd that was left around the small demonstration - most of them Jews. The attacking group was threatening and some violence was seen. Individual attackers could be heard shouting, “Kill the Jews!” and “We’ll blow you up!” Some attackers also went around aggressively asking people if they were Jewish. It should be pointed out that there were also many young Swedish extreme left-wing people amongst the most aggressive participants...

...The leftist party Vänsterpartiet announced a campaign against racism, mentioning xenophobia, homophobia and other forms of racism, but not anti-Semitism.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/report_sweden.html

Mohmar Deathstrike,

Perhaps you need to wake up and see what happening a little bit more.

Your people were once guilty of trying to exterminate the Jews, I suppose you can turn a blind eye, after all you are not the ones trying to do it this time around.

BTW...Did you catch that last part of that last article? Here I 'll quote it for you.

Individual attackers could be heard shouting, “Kill the Jews!” and “We’ll blow you up!” Some attackers also went around aggressively asking people if they were Jewish. It should be pointed out that there were also many young Swedish extreme left-wing people amongst the most aggressive participants.

Didn't I mention something earlier about political correctness and bowing down to pressure to Sweedens own Muslims citizens?! I did, didn't I.... For some of you here this may start to make sense now.

Last edited:
Yeah, there you go, pull out of a peace keeping operation because a nation that has been occupying a foreign nation's territories for fifty years will be there. They won't know anything about peace keeping operations, will they? (Well, supressing the local population, whatever.)

Italian Guy

It is also widely believed that Swedish government sells filtering equipments to Iranian regime to block access to political web sites and also has taught the Iranian security officers on interrogation tactics.

Sweden, while seems to be a free country, has had a dark history of siding with totalitarian regimes as well.

I am afraid that the I have to re-adjust my views here. So Sweden (one of the most docile countries that I know) pulled out of the operation because of a lingering anti-semitimistic influence, fed by extreme islamic influences from within and a long tradition of condoning totalitarian regimes? Are we sure that we are talking about the same Sweden; the one between Norway and Finland?

Phoenix, as it happens very often, while your views are branded "eccentric" or "exaggerate" they are actually cunning and precise.
Ted, yes, we're talking about the same country.

I read an editorial printed in the Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet", where the writer said Sweden shall continue to support and train with any nation with a legally elected democratic gouvernment - but not Israel... And that's it, no futher explanation made...

Yes Ted, it is the same Sweden we're talking about - and I share your questioning!

gladius said:
Your people were once guilty of trying to exterminate the Jews, I suppose you can turn a blind eye, after all you are not the ones trying to do it this time around.

Gladius... I agree with you on all points except I wonder why you put that in there. I too have German blood in me, and I find this line utterly uncalled for.

Back to topic...

I dont know if we can say that they pulled out because of the muslims in-county. I mean, france stayed in... and they (if i am correct) have a higher percentage of muslims than sweden. It seems like theres another reason, but I dont know what it is.

Spartacus said:
Gladius... I agree with you on all points except I wonder why you put that in there. I too have German blood in me, and I find this line utterly uncalled for.
For the particular invidual I was addressing it is more than true.

Sorry I'm just not politically correct to hide whats going on. I didn't mean that statement on Germans as a whole (I actually like Germans), unless of course they choose to do the same thing. I just think people should see what is really going on in this case, it is out there and it is going on.

I dont know if we can say that they pulled out because of the muslims in-county. I mean, france stayed in... and they (if i am correct) have a higher percentage of muslims than sweden.
That's becuase France at least has some backbone to stand up to Muslim pressure. Do you remember the headscarf ban?

It seems like theres another reason, but I dont know what it is.
I wonder?

Could it be these reasons....

Beautiful Atrocities

Responding to gang-rapes of Swedish women by Muslim immigrants, a man was sentenced to 2 months in prison for writing "I don't think I am alone in feeling sick when reading about how Swedish girls are raped by immigrant hordes.

A man emailed public officials that he opposed housing subsidies for Arabs because he thought they were criminals. Avoided prison by paying fine of 10% of his pre-tax income.

http://beautifulatrocities.com/archives/2004/10/scandinavia_ube.html

[Anybody who talks anti-Muslim in Sweeden gets jailed! The skyrocketing of rapes of Swedish women mostly done by Muslim immigrants, that is largely being ignored is another story]

Islamic law used by secular Swedish court

...The Swedish court declared that they adapted themselves to “Iranian law” in this matter. Since laws in the Islamic Republic of Iran are based upon Islamic religious law, it basically means that a secular, Swedish court thus judged according to sharia in this marriage dispute. Now, this may all sound cozy and multicultural and respectful of other people’s cultures. The question is: Do the people passing this ruling have any idea what kind of dangerous precedent they may be setting?...

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/02/islamic-law-used-by-secular-swedish.html

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
Ikea manuals sexist, says Norwegian PM
[/FONT]
According to Norway's prime minister, Kjell Magne Bondevik, the Swedish furniture giant is guilty of stereotyping because only men are shown assembling furniture in its instruction booklets.
"This isn't good enough," the prime minister told the Oslo daily Verdens Gang.

He claimed to be unimpressed by the company's argument that it did not want to offend Muslims by depicting women building beds, sofas and those ubiquitous bookcases.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1435230,00.html

It seems the Sweeden has this politically correct catering to Muslims going too far, it is evident enough here. You have Swedish courts and even Ikea Sweden's biggest furniture maker all bowing to this trend. Its not a great leap to see why Sweden would leave a military exercise involving Israel, when it is well known that Muslims absolutely hate Jews and Israel.

But... if there is another reason, I don't know what that is either. Maybe they were forced to watch that Jewish movie "Yentl" starring Barbra Streisand, if I was forced to watch it over and over I would do the same thing too.;)

Last edited:
Back