A Swede In The US Military?

My dear Swedes, I understand what you're going through. RoKMC is being killed off in the funding, our equipment is antequated and everyone who can quit is quitting. Battallions are being demobilized here and there... which may not sound like a big deal but a battallion is actually a "big" unit in the Marines here.
It's not going to last.
Sometimes Americans take their country loving their servicemen for granted. Here when I go on leave, I'm considered a pile of sh1t.

Awww, come here ya big lug... I appreciate ya and I aint even Korean but I sure am glad you're out there freezing your ass off keeping watch on that nasty northern uncle.

No kidding. I'm like 7 miles off the coast of North Korea and about maybe 70 miles away from the rest of South Korea.

Ya, you would need a Green Card (not to be confused with the "Green Card" Servicemen get). When I enlist, I will need to show them my GC, so I can't be an Officer unless I'm a citizen, so I'm going the Worrant Officer way, hopefully...

Anyway, I'm pissed that Latvia no longer has a draft! I was looking forward to recieving a letter from them when I'm in the US Army!!!:p
Just imagine, Mail Call..."Hatkevich, you got a letter from the Latvian Army...is there anything we should know?":p

Yes a non citizen can serve and in fact many already do
http://www.ailf.org/ipc/policy_reports_2003_pr001_soldier.asp

If you are a US citizen wanting to join another countries army you might want to read this first
http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_780.html

I have met a retired Army Staff Sergeant that served in Iraq who is working on his citizenship, when he told me that I was shocked that he wasnt a citizen yet put his life on the line for our country...

I believe they would have reduced secruity clearance

Many people join the US Military for Citizenship, been around a long time, I know a guy who was in the German Army during World War II, but is also a US Army Veteran. We got a lot of good work out of him after the Second World War, and he has told me more than once that the best side won with regards to the Second World War.

As for Clearances, lots of things affect granting or keeping a Security Clearance. For Instance, if one spoke a needed language I can see a Clearance being granted, it's not like one gets the keys to the entire store with a Security Clearance, just the part of the store one needs to be in.

Many people join the US Military for Citizenship, been around a long time, I know a guy who was in the German Army during World War II, but is also a US Army Veteran. We got a lot of good work out of him after the Second World War, and he has told me more than once that the best side won with regards to the Second World War.

As for Clearances, lots of things affect granting or keeping a Security Clearance. For Instance, if one spoke a needed language I can see a Clearance being granted, it's not like one gets the keys to the entire store with a Security Clearance, just the part of the store one needs to be in.

Good family friend was given clerance, unknown level.....but anyway he was with CIC and was Hungarian, spoke Hungarian so they gave him clearance.

Back