Swearing - Page 4

View Poll Results :How much do you swear?
all the time...I'm a sailor 11 16.42%
only when I am mad 14 20.90%
Only after being in the field for 30 days 2 2.99%
F this and F that is an everyday thing for me 18 26.87%
every now and then 19 28.36%
none...I am a saint 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

October 25th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004
for my age...ALOT!...But I have an excuse, I grew up in latvia
What? So you guys learn to swear down there?

Compared to my current location its up there, but yes we learn atleast 20 hardcore words by age 5
October 25th, 2004  
AlexKall

I dont swear, its a kind of thing thats been there since I was a kid, its a swear block. No im not kidding, its true, I can think those words but I cant say them, I never get it out
October 25th, 2004  
Sooners1

Congrats on that, because it is to hard to stop once you start.
--
Boots
October 25th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
I dont swear, its a kind of thing thats been there since I was a kid, its a swear block. No im not kidding, its true, I can think those words but I cant say them, I never get it out
I commend you because I wish I could be that way.
October 26th, 2004  
coldzero

way to much
October 26th, 2004  
Grimnar

After a couple days in the field I did swear a LOT, but only so that the men closest to me and with good ears could hear it.
Some words in Norway wont be considered as a f word in the army, but in civilian life it would. (did that make any sense?)
November 2nd, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hulk 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
I try not to swear. Because my wife dosen't like me to cuss around my kids. So I try real hard not to at home. But I mean it ain't like they haven't heard me curse before so what the ?
At work I try real hard to not swear around the public or in a public setting where some ACLU dumb might get their little ears singed .

No I don't swear much cause I try hard not to.
But which is your favorite? "F" bombs in corporate meetings usually turn some heads at least at my company, my employees are used to it, its almost like having a squad again, it goes in one ear and out the other. I am getting better, need to make sure my ten month old doesn't pivk it up.
"F" BOMBS are probably my favorite. My guys don't mind much and I have a female who's a former Navy Corpsman so she probably cuss's more than I do .
But I really have to watch myself on traffic stops. Not good to ask Granny.
"Wheres the fire?"
November 2nd, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I try not to swear. Because my wife dosen't like me to cuss around my kids. So I try real hard not to at home. But I mean it ain't like they haven't heard me curse before so what the ?
At work I try real hard to not swear around the public or in a public setting where some ACLU dumb might get their little ears singed .

No I don't swear much cause I try hard not to.
But which is your favorite? "F" bombs in corporate meetings usually turn some heads at least at my company, my employees are used to it, its almost like having a squad again, it goes in one ear and out the other. I am getting better, need to make sure my ten month old doesn't pivk it up.
"F" BOMBS are probably my favorite. My guys don't mind much and I have a female who's a former Navy Corpsman so she probably cuss's more than I do .
But I really have to watch myself on traffic stops. Not good to ask Granny.
"Wheres the fire?"
Yeah, my boy and I were watching Michigan Football Saturday and during the third overtime I was cussing and swearing up a storm, the little punk started to try to imitate me, that went over well with the wife.

My next door neighbor is the Police Sgt for our city and an ex-coastie...are kids are doomed.
November 2nd, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

I remember the way we talked in Latvia. (Plain russian speaking countries overall) Now when I hang out around russians, every sentence in russian has atleast one swear. theres no way not to for some reason
November 2nd, 2004  
Patriot_1989tobeyond

[quote="03USMC"]
Quote:
Quote:
AHHH! The other people thatve screwed everything up would definately have to be the FCC. Uhhh, dont even like to mention the nosy, pushy