Swearing - Page 2

View Poll Results :How much do you swear?
all the time...I'm a sailor 11 16.42%
only when I am mad 14 20.90%
Only after being in the field for 30 days 2 2.99%
F this and F that is an everyday thing for me 18 26.87%
every now and then 19 28.36%
none...I am a saint 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

October 20th, 2004  
Patriot_1989tobeyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
I've learned that if you swear and yell ONLY when things are serious, soldiers notice. I blew up on a soldier once. Later a few of my friends said they never thought I could be like that and it was intimidating
Dude, thats the thing, its kinda weird. You know, a guy drops some kiwi on his BDU and a s**t f**k or godd**m it and noone bats an eye, If your mad and it comes out, your buddies get POed in the extreme
October 20th, 2004  
Trevor

Being in the field does do that to you. You do end up swearing a lot out there.
October 21st, 2004  
A Can of Man

I swear a lot
--
Boots
October 21st, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Being in the field does do that to you. You do end up swearing a lot out there.
yeah it does. I have to warn my mom when I talk to her on the phone after being in the field for a good length of time. The words just come out like I was still in the field
October 21st, 2004  
Sooners1

I think a lot of mine pends upon the company I am with. I have 3 boys and cussin starts when a point needs to be made, Marine side of me I guess, but when I am around women, hardly at all if any, southern side of me.
October 21st, 2004  
SHERMAN

All the time.....I have to control my self in public....
October 22nd, 2004  
03USMC

I try not to swear. Because my wife dosen't like me to cuss around my kids. So I try real hard not to at home. But I mean it ain't like they haven't heard me curse before so what the ?
At work I try real hard to not swear around the public or in a public setting where some ACLU dumb might get their little ears singed .

No I don't swear much cause I try hard not to.
October 22nd, 2004  
Sooners1

spoken like a true Marine.
October 22nd, 2004  
LIBERTY

Its an everyday thing for me.
October 23rd, 2004  
bonnieblue716

Sometimes you just have to make a point, though never in church, around children, and NEVER around my father. Other than that, if I get have a chance, then yeah I cuss. I typically try not to, but when it's hot as he!! then it's hot as he!!. When my 106 yr old dog s**t's in the floor, I'm sorry but that's a pile of S**T!!!! If something is really big, it's a big a$$ something, someone may need an a$$ whupin'/ or have a case of whup a$$ opened. Or if your late haul or move your a$$. Also I tend not to give a tiny rats a$$ about stuff. I tend to never use the F or B word, they're a little to strong for my taste. Oh and GD and go to he!! is also a pretty big no-no in my book. I do try to have a little religion, my cussing is just typically in conversation to make a point.