Susan Sarandon vows move to Italy or Canada if McCain elected...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad people like you weren't around during WWI and WWII. I don't think most of the Afghan and Iraqui people would agree with you on that one.

First of all, comparing WWI and WWII to the current conflicts is an outlandish comparison.

Second of all, its extremely difficult to determine what the Afghans and the Iraqis are actually saying because they seem to consistently change their positions. The only comments I hear coming out of the Iraqis and Afghans about the war is that we should stop meddling in their affairs or that we should leave. So I don't think the Iraqi and Aghans would agree with you either.

Senorjekips

Well then the fault is really at the Public for being morons in getting their facts from celebrities. I remember arguing with a bunch of dittoheads (Rush Limbaugh listeners) who were defending Rush's statement of "HIV hasn't spread to Hetrosexuals, except in Africa". As the saying goes "Whose the more foolish? The Fool, or the fool that follows him?" The question then is why is when a leftwing Big-mouth opens her beak is their condemnation but when a Rightwing bigmouth does it there is silence.

Last edited:
Senorjekips
The Fool, or the fool that follows him?" The question then is why is when a leftwing Big-mouth opens her beak is their condemnation but when a Rightwing bigmouth does it there is silence.

I dunno if I'd necessarily agree with you on that statement, especially in regard to my comment, as I have no idea who she is other than she obviously regards her opinions as "manna to the starving", and I certainly have no idea what her politics might be, nor do I care.

In my time in the shipping industry I met some very astute followers of both left and right wing politics. Mind you I met some complete and utter fooking idiots too, but the one thing I did notice was that neither side has a clear cut advantage in this respect.

First of all, comparing WWI and WWII to the current conflicts is an outlandish comparison.

Second of all, its extremely difficult to determine what the Afghans and the Iraqis are actually saying because they seem to consistently change their positions. The only comments I hear coming out of the Iraqis and Afghans about the war is that we should stop meddling in their affairs or that we should leave. So I don't think the Iraqi and Aghans would agree with you either.

Let me reiterate a previous statement, I'm glad we had the caliber of people fighting in all the wars, not just WWI and WWII, that have been necessary in the fight for freedom all of mankind. As far as I'm concerned, this war is no different, we have the best doing what they believe in. I would not even pretend to characterize the necessity of one war over another. None are fought for glory, only for the belief in the principle of freedom being important to all mankind.

DumbocRAT eh? That reminds me of a certain ex-member.
Yep,... I must agree, the same needless, one eyed, and abrasive, adversarial attitude.

If I were a US citizen, with only my current knowledge of the US political system, I would probably vote Republican too,... for entirely selfish reasons. However I feel that it would be very good advice to keep my mouth shut about it, lest some of the more unpalatable truths gets thrown in my face. From my backseat here on the sidelines, I don't see the Republicans as being particularly "smart" particularly in their dealings with the Neo Cons, they haven't really got a lot to be proud of. Certainly nothing to boast about.

Funny thing - I've just been watching Susan Sarendon in a comedy programme here with Graham Norton, and she was promoting Obama. Seems she met him recently , invited to a function as one of the celebrities, and she was very taken. :)

Know the name, can't name any of her "works" off the top of my head and don't remember any stand out roles. As for her comments about feminism, b******t. Feminism is about getting equal pay while still being "treated like a lady".

Thank you, to the spineless new member who gratuitously dropped a neg rep on me for being adverse to his views on this matter.

Is this going to happen everytime I shoot down one of your needlessly abrasive posts?

This further reminds me of the person in question as I haven't seen or heard of a neg rep since he was banned. It was also his favourite way of trying to bully other members into silence when he didn't have an answer. It didn't work for him either.

If you are used to just getting your own way all the time, you're in for a bit of a shock on this forum.

P.S Rep points don't count for anything anyway, but they surely bring the less secure members out of the woodwork.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back