Survey for Vietnam Vets and Families

SuzanneIrvin71

My name is Sue and my father is a Vietnam Veteran. I am doing reseaerch on how the Vietnam War affected Veterans and their familiy. I would like to ask any Vietnam Veteran or their family to look at my surveys and if they feel comfortable to fill out the survey and submit. The link to the surveys is:
https://sites.google.com/site/thevietnamwarprojectresearch/

There are two separate surveys. One is for the Veteran and one is for their family members. Thank you for your time! Sue

My name is Sue and my father is a Vietnam Veteran. I am doing reseaerch on how the Vietnam War affected Veterans and their familiy. I would like to ask any Vietnam Veteran or their family to look at my surveys and if they feel comfortable to fill out the survey and submit. The link to the surveys is:
https://sites.google.com/site/thevietnamwarprojectresearch/

There are two separate surveys. One is for the Veteran and one is for their family members. Thank you for your time! Sue
Should you want any extra info the Australian Government did a survey with individual visits all around Australia you might glean some info from theDept.of Veterans Affairs.

One question Sue.

What are you using these surveys for.. You missed to inform about that?

The survey looks like it could be used to build a good propaganda story.
That was the trouble with the Vietnam War, it could make excellent propaganda, and it would all be quite true. The only thing against that is that, it is far to late for propaganda be of any use now.

History has shown that we went for all the wrong reasons, and the politicians knew it at the time, then they tossed the troops in the dustbin of history once they got home, and it appears that we never learnt much from it either.

Last edited:
There is a lot of baloney in that sandwitch, sir.

To respond or assess such a complicated many faceted subject so glibly is overlooking an awful lot.

I gave it 4 years of my life and a lot of study afterwards.

Your cutesy epiphet regarding idiots notwithstanding.

There is a lot of baloney in that sandwitch, sir.

To respond or assess such a complicated many faceted subject so glibly is overlooking an awful lot.

I gave it 4 years of my life and a lot of study afterwards.

Your cutesy epiphet regarding idiots notwithstanding.
Firstly, you can ease up on the "sir",... I'm neither a serving Commissioned Officer nor a Knight of the Realm, secondly, there's no way I'll neglect the truth because of your personal sensibilities. I dunno what planet you live on, but you need to do a little historical reading, and then take a good long slow look about you.

Not that it has any bearing on the subject, but I gave 12 years, and served in both the Indonesian Confrontation and Vietnam, more to the point, there were 50,000 young American citizens men who gave a hell of a lot more than a few years of their lives. I have also been a part time Veteran's advocate for nearly 20 years until forced to give up due to my own health issues.

Now you can shove off and chew on that damned sandwich, it might improve your comprehension of what's actually been going on in the world for the last 50 years.
As for my signature,... well, you might as well just get used to it. "Cutesy, eh"???... Pbbbttt...

Last edited:
I don't know anyone personally who fought in Vietnam but I surely respect them.
They were send over there and did their job as good as possible.
A lot of people say that the US lost that war. I disagree. They bombed the North Vietnamese to the negotiating table and a peace accord was signed. The war was over. North Vietnam had to stop fighting, the US forces were to be withdrawn. Only the US kept its promise.
Of course, there are always people who focus on some bad things and ignore all the good ones.
The Vietnam Vets can have my support.

Back