Is The Surge Working? An Interview With General Petraeus

The United States Marine Corps is not a Service Department, such as the Department of the Army, Department of the Navy, and Department of the Air Force. The United States Marine Corps is a Corps of the United States Navy.

That's just the way it goes.

In my own opinion, your open contempt of the United States Army, and to a lesser degree the United States Navy, draws into question just how well you did your job as an NCO of the United States Army, and why you are allowed to stay in Uniform.

Oh, and the United States Army (and Navy) has something much more Powerful than a Congressional Act, the United States Army (and Navy) is Constitutionally Mandated.

Okay High Speed what did you not understand about this?

The United States Marine Corps is Seperate Branch under the Auspices of the Navy Department.

That means that get ready, get ready, I'll go real slow, break out yer crayon and take notes 'kay.

The Marine Corps while Part of the Department of the Navy. Is not a Corps within the actual Navy it is seperate branch of service. I never called it a Department. It is one of five services defined as Military the other 4 being the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard. With me so far?

Now lets address your little opinion of my contempt for the United States Army. I don't know where you get that unless your just pullin it out of your fourth point of contact. But had you been around here for more than a hot minute you'd know it's not true and I challange you to find one member here serving Army or Army Vet who will bake your acusation. Same goes for the Navy.

Finally lets discuss your little opinion of the quality and conduct of my service. You don't know me. You've never served with me. And your opinion in this matter means nothing or less. You have no right to question the conduct of any members (including my) service in the back handed attempt to start a flame war with anyone who does not agree with your oh so informed and mighty opinion.

Last edited:
back handed attempt to start a flame war with anyone who does not agree with your oh so informed and mighty opinion.

I never asked you to "spar" (fight) on this Forum, as you have asked me.....

You wanna spar Bomb Kicker? Post your opinions.

Okay High Speed what did you not understand about this?

The United States Marine Corps is Seperate Branch under the Auspices of the Navy Department.

That means that get ready, get ready, I'll go real slow, break out yer crayon and take notes 'kay.

Well, I posted that the Marines are a Corps of the United States Navy, and you took issue, and said they were more, but the United States Marines are a Corps of the United States Navy.

You know, at one time the United States Army had the United States Army Air Corps, a Corps of the United States Army, and, lo and behold, the Department of the Air Force was born out of such, likewise, in todays World, the United States Marine Corps are still a Corps of the United States Navy.

MarineCorpsSeal.jpg

Offical Seal of the United States Marine Corps from the Pentagon.

For the clueless

War on Terrorism and Iraq

President Bush recent speech on Iraq and war on terrorism had very important details:
  • "Some note that al Qaida in Iraq did not exist until the U.S. invasion -- and argue that it is a problem of our own making. The argument follows the flawed logic that terrorism is caused by American actions. Iraq is not the reason that the terrorists are at war with us. We were not in Iraq when the terrorists bombed the World Trade Center in 1993. We were not in Iraq when they attacked our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. We were not in Iraq when they attacked the USS Cole in 2000. And we were not in Iraq on September the 11th, 2001."
Very well said. Islamic terrorism started almost 1400 years ago when Muhammed claimed prophecy and the war in Iraq has nothing to do with today terrorism. Indeed, good men and women of the United States and other coalition forces including Canada are bleeding in Iraq and Afghanistan to prevent Al-Qaeda from mounting an effective offense against us here at home. The war in Iraq and Afghanistan has had the radical Islamists on the run. This is a good fight and as president Bush said "We must win it" and "we can win it". Failure is not an option.
http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com/2007/07/war-on-terrorism-iraq.html

Donkey

Why is it you continually challenge people on the most basic of facts without doing the slightest bit of research of your own? Everybody else here at least tries to come somewhat prepared.

For Gods sake, just use Google and type "Bush lies". I just did so and found a whole listing sites devoted to quotes and facts from this president.

You are of course entitled to your opinion; even disagree with me, but that doesn't mean its my job to form that opinion for you. Do your own legwork, you are supposed to be in college, you should know that.

Last edited:
I never asked you to "spar" (fight) on this Forum, as you have asked me.....

Well, I posted that the Marines are a Corps of the United States Navy, and you took issue, and said they were more, but the United States Marines are a Corps of the United States Navy.

You know, at one time the United States Army had the United States Army Air Corps, a Corps of the United States Army, and, lo and behold, the Department of the Air Force was born out of such, likewise, in todays World, the United States Marine Corps are still a Corps of the United States Navy.

You know you might benefit from a reading comprehension course because your still not getting it. I don't how else to explain it but one more time and I'll try to make a lil' bit clearer for you.

1. The Dept. of the Navy contains two Service Branches. a. The United States Navy. b. The United States Marine Corps.

2. If it were true that the USMC (that would be U.S. Marine Corps) were a Corps within the USN (that would be the U.S. Navy) then one could enlist in the Navy and be assigned to the USMC and enlist for a Marine Corps MOS. That is not possible one must enlist in the USMC to be in the USMC, BECAUSE it is separate service branch.

3. At the risk of repeating myself (for a third time) I never denied the fact that the USMC was under the auspices of the Dept. of the Navy. Didn't need to see the seal to remind me (but thanks anyway.) What I said and what you can't seem to wrap yer lil' brain housing group around is that it's a separate service within the dept. See the difference Department-Service.

Can't make any clearer than that. If your still having problems don't know what to tell you.

USMC03

I know we are drifting off topic, A question if you don't mind.

Why does the USMC still remain under the umbrella of the US Navy? Why has it not been separated the way the US Army Air Corp and later NASA was? Its true it relies on the Navy for deployment, but then again the Army relies on the Air Force to move around doesn't it?

You are just continuing to show your ignorance, Gator, besides pissing off another moderator.
Don't you ever learn?

Seems to me that they have managed to get into a pissing contest because neither can agree to agree on a subject.

Donkey

Why is it you continually challenge people on the most basic of facts without doing the slightest bit of research of your own? Everybody else here at least tries to come somewhat prepared.

For Gods sake, just use Google and type "Bush lies". I just did so and found a whole listing sites devoted to quotes and facts from this president.

You are of course entitled to your opinion; even disagree with me, but that doesn't mean its my job to form that opinion for you. Do your own legwork, you are supposed to be in college, you should know that.

Because your Google searches come up with crap that is usually most biased of all and that you weeded through to find just what you want, you should know about SERP and SEO don't tell me Google is the best when coming to politics....

Why do I ask these questions because well you seem to have all the answers, am I not prepared please I will pass on that comment.

You say make we are making the same mistakes over and over again I posted a bunch of facts about how our troop levels are at a fraction of what they were during the first gulf war, everyone decided to ignore my post. Probably because it did not fit their agenda....

For reference we had about 400+ thousand troops in the first gulf war with a coalition total approaching 800+ thousand.

In the words of you I say this:

Mmarsh

-----A little FYI-----

Google "any politicians name" and "lies"
here is a few examples:

Bill Clinton

Kennedy

Last edited:
Well if bias was a disqualifier then no one would post at all, hate to break it to you but in some way or another everyone is biased.

But to cut a long story short rather than continually asking the same questions over and over until you get an answer that suits your perception of truth just search these forums as the same questions have been asked, answered and ignored since 2003.

As far as "[insert politician] lies" well I am am almost sure that the Websters dictionary definition for politician is inherent liar who got into position by promising everything and delivering nothing while acting only in their own best interests at all times.

Last edited:
Donkey

I think MontyB said it best, every opinion here is bias, thats not an universal excuse not to do your own research. I said Google because its the quickest and easiest to use, not the most accurate, but you don't even bothering to use that. You seem to be informed on only the arguments you want to be informed on, not on the subject as a whole. And don't try telling me your prepared, because you wouldn't be asking such basic questions like 'is FOX bias?' or 'does Bush lie?' if you had done your homework. -Its obvious you haven't, mate.

The difference between you and I do know the arguments that the other side can make, thats why I don't ask my opponent for a completely detailed explanation of their argument, and when I truly don't know something, I generally take the time to look it up first BEFORE I question it.

Nobody here is going to serve information to you on a silver tray. There are newspapers, books, magazines, tv, radio, the internet, to do that for you. As I said, do your own legwork, everybody else here does.

Last edited:
I know, it is because the Marines are a Corps of the United States Navy.

There seems to be a little inter service rivalry here.

The way I understand it, The Chiefs of Staff of the USAF and US Army plus The Chief of Naval Operations all answer to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The Commandant of the Marine Corps answers to the Chief of Naval Operations, and is overseen by the Secretary of the Navy

You can call it a Corps, a Department or whatever you wish, the Marine Corps is a part of the Navy. A separate part, but a part no less.
http://www.loundy.org/yahoo/military.html

Part of the Department of the Navy.Not the Navy Branch.

We now return to the previously scheduled thread.

Back