Supreme Ruler Cold War announcement

BattleGoat

Hi,

As this is a military forum I thought some users here might be interested in details about our current project;

George Geczy said:
BattleGoat Studios and Paradox Interactive are pleased to announce the next title in the Supreme Ruler series...

Supreme Ruler Cold War

The world needs a leader. At last, your time has come...

Building on Supreme Ruler 2010 and 2020, BattleGoat Studios invites you to relive the tension and uncertainty of the Cold War. As the 1950’s approach, the Korean War looms, the Arms Race intensifies, the Berlin Crisis leads to the formation of NATO, and the world anticipates a new World War.

As leader of the United States or the Soviet Union, you must make the correct Economic, Diplomatic, Domestic and Military decisions to successfully navigate your country through this dangerous historical era and increase your nation’s Sphere of Influence on the world stage.

Features
- Play as the United States or Soviet Union in Campaign Mode
- Control any Nation in Post-World War II Era in Sandbox Mode
- Use Diplomacy, Trade and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations
- Research new Technologies to give your nation an edge
- Grow and Modernize your Economy
- Control Military production and deployment, or let your Ministers take care of the details
- And when Diplomacy Fails… Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces!
- Enhanced Graphics and Sound including New 3D Terrain
- Experience the redesigned GUI with improved On-Map feedback and streamlined controls
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet

Scheduled for release Q2 2011 - prepare to take your place on the front lines of the Cold War !

Interesting....
Though I don't really love Supreme Ruler series. It is an interesting concept, but for me it's too much economy(to the ridiculous level) too less military and politics.

Waiting for it. I am sure it will be a damn good game. And also I hope someone release Superpower 3 one day :) HOI III had some performance issues, I could not play it.

Apologies for reviving an older thread, but thought it worth mentioning that the latest update for Supreme Ruler Cold War was released recently. Here's what was posted on our Dev Forums;

Balthagor said:
Update 3 (Version 7.3.1) is available for download;

http://www.battlegoat.com/downloads/SRCW-Update-7-3-1.exe

[Edit: minor GUI error found, please also download Hotfix1]

Update 3 contains all previous updates.

Highlights:

- The BIGGEST list of fixes/changes we've ever posted!
- Game Speed greatly improved
- New screens for Income/Expenses improves understanding of where the money goes and comes from
- Espionage working much better and used by AI regions
- Ability to liberate colonies
- Major economy overhaul
- AI regions much more capable of long term country management and growth

Detailed Change Log:

[Snip - the change log is so big it exceeds the post size limit. Please see here]

Approximate Download Size 90 MB

NOTE: If you encounter any video glitches/flickering, please consult the Supreme Ruler FAQ for a solution.

Alright, it said I exceeded my download attemps. My internet cut off once, and I started the download over. Then it dropped again because it is gay, so now I can't download it. Did I just waist $30?

Back