I suppose this should go in the sports section...

deerslayer

Milforum Swamp Dweller
I'm looking at competing in USPSA shooting when I'm at LSU, and I've been looking into it, but the school doesn't offer it anymore. So here's a solution I've been dreaming up in my spare time.

So I looked up LSU's policy on clubs and organizations- if I can find four people who want to shoot competitively, we'll probably, barring political correctness and red tape, convince the recreation department to get it on the books. My plan is to meet with any incoming and current ROTC students and build some interest with them, and meet with someone in the military science department to sell such an idea as beneficial to men and women who may find themselves in combat situations down the road. A USPSA competition is hosted every third Sunday of the month in Baton Rouge, so there's no shortage of opportunities to prove the organization's effectiveness if it gets off the ground. If we can find the interest in ROTC, then the range and people are available for us to compete either officially or unofficially as an LSU group. However, I'm running into some educational hurdles while I think about this.

I've been through the USMC pistol workbook, and I really appreciate it as a training tool. Is there any other recommended literature that I can collect and familiarize myself with that would prove useful in selling the concept of a shooting team representing my college? Specifically I'm looking for books and useful articles on:

Practical shooting/stress shooting techniques and development
Gunsmithing/handloading
Basic marksmanship materials
Drills and exercises

Anything else you might recommend

Back