supersitions

bonnieblue716

Hi and of you supersitious, or believe in old wives tales, or native american ledgens? If so please explain, I have a few indian ledgens I think have credence to them. Like if it thunders in the winter, it's going to snow in either 3,7, or 10 days. If smoke from chimmies is touching the ground, it's going to snow in 24 hours. If you hear an owl, someone you know is going to die. I've seen all these proven true more than once. Oh and does anyone have a shotgun, I'm going da## owl hunting. I have friends that have gone to fallujah rigth as I start hearing this owl, so I'm ready to blow it's fu&&ing head off!!!

Oh and on another note, are you for or agaisnt gay marriage, and why? I have to write a paper for my college english class. Also if you have any good links on this topic, please share them. Oh but remember it's for a college class, and my professor will get ticked if I have sorces from biased organizations.

The only thing I believe in is that trouble follows me.
Indonesia - Suharto overthrown
USA - 9/11
South Korea - worst flood in decades, 200 killed overnight
Europe - heat wave. Thousands die in summer heat

I was there for all of those. And I'm only 23.

Hence the "13th" Redneck?

Anyway, most of mine have to do with football. I don't read what the papers say before a game and I don't give an answer to any moron who asks us if we are going to win the game. And I tape my cleats for an extra bit of luck during special teams plays. It works.

A friend of mine says he only gets injured while playing on the side of the field opposite the home side. It also seems that his sister is at all the games he gets hurt in. Baaad chi!

There are so many superstitions in Hawaii. For example, you aren't supposed to bring pork products across the Pali, your car will stall and you'll be stuck in the mountains with surrounded by menehune and other ghosts. Then there is the one where if you run into the Night Marchers (hear the drums) you are supposed to lay on the ground and pull your pants down to show them your ass. This is supposed to be insulting to them and they won't kill you. My Hawaiian teacher (she was a Kahuna) had to bless the road I lived on because it used to be a path for Night Marchers and they'd pass infront of the house during the full moon (supposedly). I don't believe in those things, I haven't exactly run into any of those situations yet, but I still don't believe them.

My superstitions are all baseball related. I don't step on the infield chock lines when going out into the field. I never touch my fielding glove when we're playing offense. I don't wash my uniform if we're on a winning streak. I never change my batting gloves during the season no matter how messed up they are (they stank to high heaven at the end of the season) if I'm doing well and stealing bases. That actually worked for me because I had a record number of stolen bases my senior year and had the highest batting average (until my brother broke it the next year by over .100+ points).

some of those are pretty good. Oh and for all the sports people, me and video camermas have this thing. If my parents or friends brought a video camerma to an event I would fall off, or my horse would just be horrible, but most people would just agree it was either the horse feeding off my exictement, or both horse and rider having a bad day. Still after a few times of that, the video camerma always managed to stay in the truck, then of course I would have a blue ribbon round, and wish it was on flim, go figure.

Oh and one note on the whole owl thing, I've seen it proven true at least twice, but I think it was just fate those two times, since this time it's been almost a week, and nothings happend yet. But it usually seems to be about 10 days after you hear them. Anyway the only death I've heard of at least so far is one of my best friends lost his Command Sgt. Major, in fallujah on the 9th. It's being hard on the unit, but it's one of those things I guess. I didn't know the person, so I don't think that quite counts.

lets see, a personal one that happened.
The 7year/hour bad luck with a mirror.
Broke one and didnt touch for 7 hours and almost cut my finger off, but i guess just because i didn't have anything to do i went to do some hany work.

I dream a lot, most of my dreams at the moment are in the desert with snakes, scorpions and arab people (!). I have analyzed my dreams and most of my dreams have come true.

I've been let down by the snake and scorpion meaning people have abandonded our friendship - I lost a couple of friends just because of telling the truth and nothing but the truth which they didn't accept.

I dreamt once of blue lights and a dead friend of mine told me in my dream to take a different road home; a carcrash took place two minutes after I pulled off the intersection.

Serving on the Balkans I dreamt of the sunset at Gradina Mal (which is fantastic) and sudden pitch darkness and silence. The next day we drove through an unmarked minefield.... We went all silent for that one...

Back