Superbowl Scenario: Colts vs Bears

godofthunder9010

I don't think anyone is betting on this matchup, but I think it would be absolutely fascinating to see the Best Defense against the best Offense. I'm a Bears fan, but I'm also realistic. I don't think they'd win it. Still, they've shutdown several very powerful Offenses recently, so I think it would be the most interesting possible matchup for the Superbowl. I also think that it'd take the very best Defense imaginable to have any chance at beating the Colts this year.

Thoughts?

There's an automatic jinx on anyone wanting to follow the 1972 Dolphins and have an undefeated season. Remember the Bears of 1985? They lost 1 game and it was a complete fluke. I think you're looking at the same sort of thing with the Colts loss to the Chargers, but we'll see.

Yes, yes, I know. At this point, I don't think the Seahawks have much of a chance in the Superbowl. Steelers are in giantkiller mode: Bengals, Colts, Broncos ... next giant in line is the Seahawks.

mwaaaahahahahahaha! Im gonna have a big party for the Super Bowl too...Yellow and black dress code..lol nah that would be a little to tacky...

Well Pittsburgh did win the Superbowl. I don't think they were in so much of a "giant killer" mode as they just were not going to allow anyone to beat them, despite poor play. The only "giant" they beat were the Colts. And to be honest I have always felt that the Colts were overrated. On any given Sunday ANYONE can beat anyone.

Back to the origins of this thread. I do not think that the Bears will make it to the Superbowl until they find some sort of consistancy on offense. Sure they have a good defense year in and year out, normally top 10 in the league, but their offense is terrible. Defense may win you the Super Bowl, but offense is needed to get you there. The Ravens won the Super Bowl because their offense was good enough not to screw it up. And something most people don't realize is that their defense was not THAT good, the offense just stayed on the field long enough to keep them fresh.

Back