Sun Tzu's The Art of War

I have the Ralph Sawyer translation. I first read it in high school and have read it a few times since.

It really is worth the read.

Cheers

FRO

I got this book thinking it would be great but I was underwhelmed by it. He just states the obvious. "In war to kill the enemy is good, but dont fight." I dont know I just got bored with it. :cowb:

^^^ - true, but the problem is that a lot of military leaders forget the obvious, or something may be obvious conceptually but very difficult to operationalize.

Had to read it for ROTC way back when, need to read it again.

v/r,
Andy

Read.

I've read The Art of War about 10 times, each time was a different translation. Most of them were too small of differences to notice the different interpretation.

However, the one that I have noticed the biggest difference from the rest and that I would suggest to the person who wants one relevant to themselves instead of just relevant to leadership of a group of people would be the translation of the Art of War by Stephen F. Kaufman.

The Art of War is a great book, while it does state the obvious, Sun Tzu's advice has probably given many leaders and warriors alike an edge. "i am formless." is probablly my favorite quote.

Back