Sun Tzu quotes from "The Art Of War"

Nemanja

You're probably heard for Sun Tzu's book "The Art Of War". In one sentence, it is Chinese military treatise written by Sun Tzu in the 6th century BC.

If you like this kind of stuff, here is a large collection of Sun Tzu quotes.

And some of them are:

That the im*pact of your army may be like a grind*stone dashed against an egg — this is ef*fect*ed by the sci*ence of weak points and strong.

He who ex*er*cis*es no fore*thought but makes light of his op*po*nents is sure to be cap*tured by them.

Ma*noeu*vring with an army is ad*van*ta*geous; with an undis*ci*plined mul*ti*tude, most dan*ger*ous.

Suc*cess in war*fare is gained by care*ful*ly ac*com*mo*dat*ing our*selves to the enemy’s purpose.

The good fight*er is able to se*cure him*self against de*feat, but can*not make cer*tain of de*feat*ing the enemy.

Spies are a most im*por*tant el*e*ment in war, be*cause on them de*pends an army’s abil*i*ty to move.

When you sur*round an army, leave an out*let free. Do not press a des*per*ate foe too hard.*

If the enemy is tak*ing his ease, [the clever com*bat*ant] can ha*rass him; if well sup*plied with food, he can starve him out; if qui*et*ly en*camped, he can force him to move.

*I believe this can be used in every aspect of life :)

I did read the book and I was simply amazed.It changed my view on politics and military warfare.

My two favourite quotes from Master Sun Tzu are:

- "All warfare is based on deception."

and

- "Know your enemy and your self and in 100 battles you will not be in peril."

I really like Niccolo Machiavelli.

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Before all else, be armed.

War is just when it is necessary; arms are permissible when there is no hope except in arms.

War should be the only study of a prince. He should consider peace only as a breathing-time, which gives him leisure to contrive, and furnishes as ability to execute, military plans.

Niccolo Machiavelli 1469-1527. His work, the book "The Prince" is a really good one, a hand book of the absolute power. He wrote other things as well.

From Sun Tzu

"When you have over extended your yourself, then your opponent will rise up to take advantage of your extremity"

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting".
- Sun Tzu

Last edited:
"You can't trust a man who has nothing to lose."
"The greatest victory is that which requires no battle."
-Sun Tzu

Back