Summer Student Work exchange

pimp_squeak

this only applies to a small group of people, but it's a great opportunity for anyone who can get involved. All the information you need is on the website. Basically it's a 6 wek bilingual exchange for 16 and 17 year odl Canadian teens to live in quebec(if you come from an english speaking province) or to live in an english speaking province(if you come from quebec). Basically what happens is you sign up, they interview you, you get sent off at the start of july and you come back at the end of august. While you're away from home you work 40 hours a week at minimum wage in your exchange province. I made $1500. On weekends there are activities organised by the college students who co-ordinate the whole program. It is a direct exchange, meaning you switch places with someone. Anyway, great opportunity for those interested. It helps to know some french but I know lots of people who went knowing no french and came away almost bilingual. It's a great program and I urge everyone who can to try it out.

http://www.summer-work.com/

Oh, well I remember... She was from Quebec Her name was Myriam... now she was uhm outgoing and :twisted: curious about other cultures...
We met in SK at the age of 17 and. Well yeah I was just giving my opinion on this.

Italian Guy said:
now she was uhm outgoing and :twisted: curious about other cultures...

Hehe...target identified, lock on, I've got tone, fire, fire :p mmmm yummmy :D

...but seriously, that's a great thing, the student exchange programmes, however these summer camps :oops: , we didn't have to work you see...and...a lot of stuff happens out of boredom that otherwise wouldn't necesarilly.

Yeah, looks like a great program. I'm glad that my school helps out those with a C or better average over the year to get a summer job and make up to possibly $15 an hr. rOK, know of any worse then getting pushed off of a Food Lion roof in a shopping cart and having the shopping cart hit a car? (Not me. It was a friend who was in Raliegh, NC for Spring Break)

Back