Sukhoi's new toys, uh I mean projects!

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Here some things they are working on,

UAV systems | Specifications | Projects SSBJ UAV
zond-1.jpg

UNMANNED AIRCRAFT ZOND-1
  • The unmanned aircraft Zond-1 is designed to perform the following tasks of national economic importance:
  • ATC support
  • Relay of communications and television transmissions
UNMANNED AIRCRAFT ZOND-2
The unmanned aircraft Zond-2 is designed to perform the following tasks of national economic importance:
zond-2.jpg

• Monitoring of the Earth’s surface:
    • - radar-based (sideways-looking radar with synthetic aperture) monitoring to identify emergency conditions (river floods, ice floes, aircraft search-and-rescue missions, etc.), as well as to record topographic changes;
      - electro-optical monitoring, including IR and TV and low-level video links, to identify fires, developments in emergency situations, and to support search-and-rescue operations.
  • Monitoring of the ozone layer
UNMANNED AIRCRAFT ZOND-3
The unmanned aircraft Zond-3 is designed to perform the following tasks of national economic importance:
zond-3.jpg

• Monitoring of the air environment and ground/water surface:
    • - radar monitoring (sideways-looking radar with synthetic aperture) to surveil emergency conditions, record topographic changes, perform ice coverage reconnaissance, and to assess the status of oil and gas pipelines;
      - electro-optical monitoring, including IR and TV and low-level video links, to monitor emergency situations and follow their development, and to support search-and-rescue operations.
  • Air pollution monitoring
  • Relay of communications transmissions
See any resemblance to global hawk? Or even preditator? If you guys think the 21st Century isnt happing for The Russian Aviation Giants than you are mistaken my friend, Mikoyan is hard at work also, but that is a thread for another day,

(Sources, Foregin Military Anatomy, and Sukhoi .org, pm me for a easy link)

Russians dont do business that much with chinese generels any more, thats more of a cold war type thing.

Back