Suicides in Gitmo: coordinated or not?

The problem is that 99% are NOT innocent ... they were caught in circumstances that indicate they WERE NOT wearing halos. Let's get your facts straight.........

Last edited:
Also I forget the exact number but many have been released and then caught on the battle feild again.

Rabs said:
Also I forget the exact number but many have been released and then caught on the battle feild again.

I would have been one of these! If I was whisked away for no reason, put in some hell hole for 4 years, lose everything I had and then flown back to my country with not even a "sorry"..... well sh*t, I'll make it my mission in life to kill as many who did this to me.
I wouldn't put in into the bigger picture! My life as I knew it was destroyed and the people who represent the country which did this walk around in my area. 1 + 1 = 2..... happy hunting I'd say!

Ted
How about getting real ... these terrorists were captured in the field under conditions that readily showed their affiliation with other terrorists. They WERE NOT babes in the woods that were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So stop trying to act as though these animals were civilians that were just scooped off the streets of some little village in Iraq. Many many were of foreign persuasion and had no business in Iraq other than trying to spread terrorism. Look at the list of atrocities that have been perpetrated against Iraqi civilians by those from outside of Iraq.

If that is the kind of individuals you believe should be released back into society, let them know where you live and I will recommend that they are released into your custody. I think that is a grand idea .......

I am not disagreeing that there weren't any terrorists among these "prisoners", but I am saying that more then a few have fallen victim to the old adagium: wrong place at the wrong time! Since noone has been properly investigated, you will have some victims of a tremendous error. And these people are the ones I am talking about. So yes, some of them were murdurous bastards, but try to show some humanity to those who are victims of foul times......

If we can get the prisoners at Gitmo to really coordinate their suicides maybe it would resolve all of the problems that GW is having with the SCOTUS.

THINK???????????

Chief Bones said:
If we can get the prisoners at Gitmo to really coordinate their suicides maybe it would resolve all of the problems that GW is having with the SCOTUS.

THINK???????????

I don't know Chief.... I have been looking for the explanation of SCOTUS and POTUS and all the abbreviations.... what do they mean? Maybe then I can give you a better answer.
Then again; self-cleansing is always an efficient way to solve a problem!

Italian Guy said:
What were the reasons behind Bush's decisions to shut Gitmo in the first place?
I don't know of any decision by GW to close Gitmo ... short of placing the prisoners before a tribunal for their crimes and sentencing them. When all of them have had their trials, I believe the plan was then to close the prison facilities. (But I am NOT 100% sure about that).

But CHief, we have been over this! You don´t know who is guilty or innocent inside Gitmo, because none have been charged, tried and convicted. So you will have some in there that are just victims.....

Ted said:
But CHief, we have been over this! You don´t know who is guilty or innocent inside Gitmo, because none have been charged, tried and convicted. So you will have some in there that are just victims.....
I am sorry but I don't for a minute believe these people didn't have something to do with the terrorist combatants ... even if the only thing they did was to give aid and comfort, they were in support of those who are terrorists and that makes them just as guilty as the combatants.

SO - as I said, I will reserve my compassion for their victims.

Chief Bones said:
I am sorry but I don't for a minute believe these people didn't have something to do with the terrorist combatants ... even if the only thing they did was to give aid and comfort, they were in support of those who are terrorists and that makes them just as guilty as the combatants.

SO - as I said, I will reserve my compassion for their victims.

Chief

I have to agree with Ted on this. There have been people sent to Gitmo who didnt belong there. A clipping...

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/ny-wobadr094492447oct31,0,1261397.story?coll=ny-world-big-pix

and here is another story in which the Pentagon admits they dont pose any threat.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=1629283

And I have even heard of a 3rd case (its almost World Cup time so I try and will dig up a article later).

The point being, I have no doubt that there are people in Gitmo that truly are the worst of the worst. Those people should never see freedom again.
I dont think anybody in their right mind would disagree on this. But I also think that (espically in the early stages of the Afgan war) that Identification mistakes were made about who was and who wasnt a terrorist. This should be corrected.

Back