Suicide bombers, a legitimate way of fighting?

sunb!

Forum Barbecuer
Last night (sept 28-04) a leader of a Norwegian Islamic Organization stated on Norwegian NRK 1 TV that suicide bombers are a legitimate way of resistance - aiming especially at The Middle East Conflict.

I think this statement raised a couple of interesting questions, what exactly is a legitimate target in this conflict? Is a school bus in Jerusalem or a shopping centre downtown Tel Aviv a legal target? Could settlers be considered part of the Israeli invasion force of Palestine? They are after all building their homes on occupied territory never the less, can these civilians be looked upon as the "enemy"?

Suicidie bombers who targets military installations or other facilities run by any authority; such as a police station or military road block are taking out legal targets to me - those who targets school buses and other civilian facilities are nothing more but terrorists!

The Middle East Conflict is indeed hard to understand and quite complicated but what are your points of view on this topic?

I was left behind with the "Hum, could he be considered right after all" but moral wise civilians are not a military target whatsoever....

Suicide bombing is a legitimate means of attack by default: it happens therefore it's legit. But does it further the cause of these "martyrs"? No, it tends to have the opposite effect. Israel's resolve has been made stronger and stronger with every bombing. The targetting of schoolbuses and daycares by Palestinian extremist groups and their suicide bombers has destroyed much of the sympathy that the Palestinian cause rightfully engenders. Suicide bombers make Islam as a whole look very very stupid. The populace of Northern Ireland would rather be boiled alive than ever be part of Ireland again, thanks to the IRA.

The fact of the matter is, terror bombing in all its forms can have a strong tendency to strengthen resolve and unite peoples against those doing the bombing. So suicide bombing may be legitimate, but its counter-productive in almost all circumstances I can think of.

One exception is the United States, whose public opinion seems to have greatly affected by suicide attacks and has recently been gullible enough to allow themselves to be manipulated by it.

Ok, but...

Do actually the suicide bombers believe in what they are doing? I mean, what in :cen: makes them believe they come to paradise and get their reward when the Koran states that killing one man is equal to killing the entire human race?

Research on the subject may be a bit impossible but is there a chance of suicide bombers being forced to do their actions instead of doing it of their own free will?

Anyone who got links to this please post them!

invasion force of Palestine

Lets be accurate. No one ever invaded Palestine. The Territories belonged to Egypt and Jordan...Than Israel took them....

As to the morality of it, any deliberate attack on non-combatents is not legitemet.The Settelers re a problem...Since some of them carry guns....However, when the Palestinians kill the settelers children, they are still, in my eyes, attacking non-combatens.

It can be considered legitament if aimmed at combatants. However most suicide bombers lack the nads to attack any military formations. Preferring instead to slaughter civilians.

Only as a style of combat against military targets. Otherwise it's pure murder. But even against military targets, it seems pretty stupid, it's not like it evolves into a bigger strategy to win. Unlike say in Iraq, whereas they want the US public opinion to sway and pull our guys out. But in Israel? Just random, pointless death.

Well, the suicide bombers are having an affect on Israel, but its the opposite of the affect they a shooting for. Israel's resolve to persevere grows stronger with every attack, so its not working well at all and the tactic ought to be abandonned.

Their way is fanatical and no humanity, no logic, nothing. You're trying to justify it because it is "their way"? Nice, frog.

So because a murderer killed someone, and it was "his way" it's okay!

Flyinfrog, killing women and children outside the battlefield on purpose is a crime. Even you would admit that...?

You both misunderstood what I was trying to bring out.

from different standpoints you have different views.

i believe from the views of majority of arabs, those suicide-bombers are "hero's" for them.

you should try to put your feet into their shoes, then think their logic.

In order to put myself in their shoes, I would be required to make one very significant change in my beliefs: I would have to cease believing that Jews and other non-Muslims are human beings, otherwise (according to the Koran) I'm committing a sin against Alah and God and I'm a murderer.

godofthunder9010 said:
In order to put myself in their shoes, I would be required to make one very significant change in my beliefs: I would have to cease believing that Jews and other non-Muslims are human beings, otherwise (according to the Koran) I'm committing a sin against Alah and God and I'm a murderer.

That's right. I hear that according to Koran, anyone who does not believe in Koran should be destroyed.

Actually, the Koran doesn't teach that. It teaches to convert the infidel, but it does not command that they are to be murdered in any form. War stands as an exception, but war and suicide bombing are simply not the same thing.

godofthunder9010 said:
Actually, the Koran doesn't teach that. It teaches to convert the infidel, but it does not command that they are to be murdered in any form. War stands as an exception, but war and suicide bombing are simply not the same thing.

I hope someone can post some real info about what Koran says about non-muslim people, the real text from Koran.

Well, jihad is okay when it is defending their land from invaders, to the muslims, the Jews are on their land. And Iraq, the US are on their land. Suicide is a sin, but, sense the sacrifice is for jihad, the sin is cleansed and you're good to go.

It is a perverse manipulation of the ancient texts.

Back