Suicide bombers, a legitimate way of fighting?

["Talked to a friend of mine whose into religion and he said woman are granted the right of drinking wine in their afterlife, which they are not entitled to do while alive.

Not a large benefit for becoming a martyr but that's the only thing really!"]
Interesting indeed Sunblock, thanks. But it still doesnt make much sense to me: why should something that is considered sinful and unholy in this life be possible and acceptable in the afterlife???

Italianguy, I guess there some things in life and death we just have to accept. Perhaps if they live their life "by the book" they are allowed some sins in the after life? I cannot give you another answer to your question, and my religios friend just shook his shoulder and said accept it or read the holy book my friend.

We're getting quite off topic here but it turns out more interesting talking about their rewards too.

I'm off for the weekend for some :sniper: at the shooting range but I do have the time to go through my litterature on religion so expect a long post on the subject soon!

:evil:

I find suicide bombs not legitimate, I find it to be a non human method and as a barbaric act in every perspective. I find it to be a weakness in body and mind and a treachery against (God, Allah) himselfe. Very very cowardly way to make the fast jump trough a system almost as fast as Mc donalds fast food. The way in to the paradise? I am sure that every suicide bomber goes directly to h**l and there they burn for all the innocent people they have killed.

And to tell you my side of the truth I also believe that it is not masculine in any way to make this suicide bombs. There is no honor in that way to kill people because it is completly insane. It is just a quick and easy way to comite suicide and killing alot of innocent people at the same time.

They who do this are very sick in their heads and those that supports them and sends them to death is even more sick in the head and will burn ten times more in h**l then their puppets will. There will be no women for those guys, or peace for the girls. Mod edit: I said take it off completely, not give us a general idea of it....
:cen:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

But Doc.S :D

I doubt those suicide bombers are cowards. They must be very brave to sacrifice their lives in such a terrible way.

Let's first get the first point clear and straight:
they are not cowards I think.

Actually, they are mostly poor people with nothing left to live for....Their familys are rewarded by terror orgs. Blowing your self up on women and children is not brave. Not that it matters, because the question is if its legitimat.

I find it interesting that you mainly find suicide bombers from non christian/jewish faiths. Why is that? What have they, in reality, to gain?

Most of the main powers of the World are in no position, or have no desire, quite rightly, to bend to the will of anyone performing a terrorist act - no matter how delivered.

Nobody has mentioned the Tamil Black Tigers who are suicide bombers from Sri Lanka. I know that they target - mainly military targets and, all of their targets have been on the sub-continent (I think) but, does this make the case for suicide bombing more or less legitimate?

Suicide driven

Back from the weekend and an interesting thought on the subject in my head :)

Suicide bombers can be be driven by a major frustration for not being able to defeat the enemy in regular combat.

What exactly is a suicide bomber? I believe a suicide bomber is a member of a small guerilla or paramilitary unit fighting for one single cause; to drive the enemy out of their country. The unit alone is to small for regular combat operations but plan and do "key" operations targeting civilians or military personell. Their main goal for "serious" units are military installations but there is no guarantee for no civilian casualties. Their strategy is to create uncertainty for the soldiers or civilians in an area playing on fear and disbelief. Guerilla groups are more careful on their targets.

On the counter we have the terrorist cells who fight for the same cause but consider any target a legal target. A bus downtown or a school yard is just as legal as a military installation as long they are fighting the enemy. The enemy, being a small jewish school kid or a soldier - it doesn't matter since one dead enemy is one less enemy. Brutal.

Just a thought that erupted while driving home last night.

Re: Suicide driven

sunblock said:
Suicide bombers can be be driven by a major frustration for not being able to defeat the enemy in regular combat.

Do most sensible people pack it in when, banging their head against a wall, they discover that they are just contracting a headache - not bringing the wall down?

I don't think that this is a frustration as much as a type of religious fervour. I still don't see what they stand to gain - especially - given the usual attitude towards terrorism. I mean if everybody commits suicide, who benefits?

What they gain is, well... Their own death and status as martyr. A martyr might be a great symbol for the rest of the population. Though the amount of martyrs in various conflicts are rather big so it might be a worn out effect.

Some think the wall comes down if you bang your head hard enough, others don't...

Back