Suggestions for video editing software

sunb!

Forum Barbecuer
I am looking for a piece of video editing software, it doesn't have to be very advanced as I just want to add a piece of music, some still pictures and import external video clips into the main stream for saving it as one file.

I have no budget for this, so no Pinnacle or Dreamworks software for me I'm afraid :neutral:

Any suggestions most welcome!

sunb! said:
I am looking for a piece of video editing software, it doesn't have to be very advanced as I just want to add a piece of music, some still pictures and import external video clips into the main stream for saving it as one file.

I have no budget for this, so no Pinnacle or Dreamworks software for me I'm afraid :neutral:

Any suggestions most welcome!

If that's all you want to do try Windows Movie Maker, it's great for doing little jobs like that and has some special effects too. It's a good little program.

Unfortunately I don't have that option. Even if I go to the store here the copy is pirated AND in Chinese so I am stuck with pirated copy in english off the internet or pirated copy in chinese from the store. And usually the pirated copy from the store doesn't work... when I do find something I like I pick it up legit from Hong Kong. I'm not a total cad. :)

Thanks for the feedback folks :) , I actually had Windows Movie Maker installed without knowing it - it will suit my purpose just fine.

bulldogg, thanks for the tip, I'll slip into my black leather suit, light a few candles and copy paste the url into my browser at midnight in my room at the mansion :viking: Hum, that sounded feminine... Well well...

Last edited:
sunb! said:
bulldogg, thanks for the tip, I'll slip into my black leather suit, light a few candles and copy paste the url into my browser at midnight in my room at the mansion :viking: Hum, that sounded feminine... Well well...

We never knew................................

:lol:

Another good site is www.afterdawn.com it has a good lot of the latest software for editing as well as useful guides and forums. The software are usually demos but there is a lot of freeware stuff there that I've found useful as well

I've been checking around a bit and the application supplied with Windows suits me fine, however Pinacle is within reach of my budget these days :) Thanks for the feedback guys!

I have used alot of video editing softwares but now finally i'm using this. Microsoft has made version 2.6 of Movie Maker available for download, and it runs on both Windows Vista and Windows 7. While advanced users are likely using a more sophisticated video editing program, there’s no denying that Movie Maker is an excellent, full-featured option for the average home user.
Regasrd's,
Ben Almeer,
Click Here for More info

Back