Suggestions for military training to join PMC?

Chrome

Hi,

I have a question which I hope someone will be able to help me with. To summarize it in just a few words I want to join a PMC, but I have very limited military training (1 year basic training in Sweden where I'm from), so I am wondering where I should go to get me a decent military training to be accepted for PMC roles.

Now, having said that, I also realize that might sound like a bad idea for some people but please give creative and useful feedback, no flaming. This is serious for me. I am 30 years old, in very good physical shape and this has been a dream of mine for a long time. I got a very good job in telecom, in which I've worked in Sweden, England, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico where I am now. It pays very very good (just mentioning it to point out money is not why I would want to go PMC). It is just one of things I really really want and "have" to do, I hope you understand. I also know some people might look down on PMC's but let's not make this a discussion about wether they are good bad please.

Now, I've spent a lot of time trying to find companies that offers courses and things like that, but I am not sure that what I've found is good or if it is enough (most of what I've found are very short) to be considered for a role. I have saved quite a bit of money lately to be able to do this.

As for my actual questions then.

1; Are there any good companies where I can sign for some good (by good I mean 'good enough to join a PMC') courses?
2; I've found this one, I know the courses are very short but would they be considered ok, and does anyone have any experience from it? http://www.trojansecurities.com/trojan-training-dates-2010.html

So that's it, really looking forward to some comments on this. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to add that I've searched through the forums and not been able to find anything helpful. If I however missed a good thread about this I apologize and if you could link it that'd be great.

Last edited:
Just thought I would add another question, it's in there if you read between the lines but what I'm also wondering is if ANY of these classes are viable to be considered for a PMC? All classes I find are 4-12 days long, I don't mind taking a bunch of them, but what I mean is the reason I would do it is to join a PMC so if the general reasoning is like "Uhm hell no, that's not even close to what you need" then there is no point in me doing them, but instead look for some other way.

I hope that made sense :) Thanks again.

Back