a successful election in Iraq, maybe a new start?

Looks that way, the people want freedom, and the terrorist didn't launch the large scale offensives they promised. Perhaps they're weak now, but I don't have enough optimism that they're about to die out. I feel we will be in Iraq for a good while yet.

If that's what it takes to get the job done, I'll bow my head in acceptance. Though if the conflicts are prolonged, I imagine the American and Iraqi people will tire of our presence.

Though hopefully I'm wrong, and the aggression will fade out and Iraq will quick develop into a democracy, free of terrorism.

I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball. But whatever comes, at this point in time, you can't help but give the Iraqi people a strong salute.

when there is a democratic government and capable Iraqi security troop....the insurgents will slowly disappear or fade away i think..

after all.....who are their bombs killing every day??? aren't most of victims are Iraqis???? do u think Iraqis like those "mask-covered" basterds??

no, the strong turn out shows that Iraqis dont want Insurgents..they want a stable and democratic government of their own.

Only very rarely do elected governments turn into dictatorships. Hitler is the only real example I can think of. Other instances were Coups.
So the signs are good so far.

The thing is, I don't think any of the insurgents are in the position to take over the country. Not even from the start. Remember, they are different factions that oppose each other. Right now it LOOKS like they're on the same side because they're attacking the Americans. If America pulls out for some reason, and the democratic government crumbles, then these guys would just be slugging it out for God knows how long.

religion is still an important part of Iraqi ppl's life....those insurgents fight in the name of jihad (holy war).....hope iraqi ppl will not be "stimulated" by the words of insurgents to persuade them to become enemies of democracy in the name of Islam.

hopefully now all the arabs living in the neighbouring countries will realise that iraq is benefiting from democracy, as does afghanistan, and there will be a revolution in all the backward dictatorships and theocracies, terrorist monarcy's etc...

Hi,

The Turnout was Decent i would say ...................more than i expected ............... But like i said a few times before ................. Statistics scare me .

Let me see they say 50 % of the Regestered Votes came up to vote ..................now lets see what if only 60 % (of all the eligible ) voters were Registered and out of that 50 % voted ............ hmmmmmmmm now what's the actual turwnout ;) :D

Told you statistics can be easily molded to look the way you want it to be

Why do i have to play Devils Advocate everytime :lol:

Peace
-=SF-13=-

the_13th_redneck said:
The thing is, I don't think any of the insurgents are in the position to take over the country. Not even from the start. Remember, they are different factions that oppose each other. Right now it LOOKS like they're on the same side because they're attacking the Americans. If America pulls out for some reason, and the democratic government crumbles, then these guys would just be slugging it out for God knows how long.

You make a good point, they probably couldn't muster enough fighters to take over the entire country. But what's possible, is that the country could be split in two, or even three. The Shi'ites control a good bit of Iraq's wealth, do they not? It would be a long hard struggle for the oil fields, I presume. Either way, such chaos would make the land ripe for terrorist camps.

Ah but we stayed, and we are staying, so we'll probably never see that.

The succesful election is showing the fall of the insurgents and showing that they can't intimidate the mass of people in Iraq. It's a great thing that we did in Iraq with this Free Election.

Compare that with American election turnout :lol:
Considering how things are going over there, it's a pretty decent turnout. Like everyone says, it's step 1.

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

The Turnout was Decent i would say ...................more than i expected ............... But like i said a few times before ................. Statistics scare me .

Let me see they say 50 % of the Regestered Votes came up to vote ..................now lets see what if only 60 % (of all the eligible ) voters were Registered and out of that 50 % voted ............ hmmmmmmmm now what's the actual turwnout ;) :D

Told you statistics can be easily molded to look the way you want it to be

Why do i have to play Devils Advocate everytime :lol:

Peace
-=SF-13=-

I find this self-evident that this is a new start - A few Insurgents and some villain states may disapprove of this new-start for Iraq togheter with some wrongly directed political and bought medial forces and companys that may have earned alot on this fascist dictatorship states that still are enlarge on/upon this world, but their customer list shrinks for every year with one man in office, and alot of turncoats have to reconsider where they want to stand when the fat-lady sings so to speak. In short term - No one (wants) can efford to stand in the loosers corner more then twice, (hopefully) 8)

Doc.S
:viking:

You think so?
Consider this:

Iraq has poor infrastructure
- Transporting people from one place or another is very difficult, meaning those living in small towns will be hard to reach.
- It is unsafe, and therefore many will be tempted to stay home.
- It's the first time they're doing this, and even with foreign help, this is an on the job learning experience for the Iraqis.
- Litteracy is a problem, meaning that helpers will be required at the polling booths. And more than one translator at that.
- Sunnis boycotted it because hey, they want Saddam back.

Basically you have all that working against you. It's not bad. It's a start. That's what's important. If anything, those who were brave enough to show up will have their voices heard. And their voice counts the most.

ya....thumbs up for iraqis

but i think medias really exaggrated the success cuz the turn out is not so great IF the number i put up there is right

Wasn't just US media, it was world media. I find it hard to argue with the impartiality of that.

Charge_7 said:
Wasn't just US media, it was world media. I find it hard to argue with the impartiality of that.

en...actually i didn't mention U.S media at all...

i just said media is exggerating...

r u having a problem with me like u tend to find problems whenever i talk...? do we have a misunderstanding or something?

I didn't say you _said_ US media. I only mentioned it in order to note that it was accepted worldwide and so to make it unlikely that the majority of news agencies in the world would exagerate at the same time.

Back