Subject: GUN CONTROL

Are you talking about American kaymans or the real Aussie croc´s? there is a difference in handling you know? The Aussie crocs have a tendon running shallow underneath their scales in the neck, thatis how you control those. The entire exterior of the Bayou crocs are different. I´ll have to practise a bit on those :) But the deal is still on off course!!

Ted said:
Are you talking about American kaymans or the real Aussie croc´s? there is a difference in handling you know? The Aussie crocs have a tendon running shallow underneath their scales in the neck, thatis how you control those. The entire exterior of the Bayou crocs are different. I´ll have to practise a bit on those :) But the deal is still on off course!!

"Bayou Crocs" are Alligators. :mrgreen: Real American Crocodiles are pretty different compared to American Caymans, too.

Fine by me..... In the mean while I´ll study the differences between all kind of crocs, caymans, alligators and the lot! We killed those a couple of thousand years ago overhere.....

So the concensus on the forum would be that Americans will never peaceably relinquish their right to keep and bear arms. More than a few hold that to do so would be to sign over the last vestiges of power the people possess keeping the government from running rough-shod over them. And lastly crocodiles are not a weapon.
Right or wrong?

C/1Lt Henderson said:
You are correct on the right to bear arms...but crocs can be a weapon...Just shake em up and turn em loose..hahaha
In that case there should be a ban on Steve Irwin.In fact there should be anyway so 10 tv channels aren't tied up daily by his annoying rantings.

In that case there should be a ban on Steve Irwin.In fact there should be anyway so 10 tv channels aren't tied up daily by his annoying rantings.

Ha ha ha, sucked in. We don't have to put up with him.

O_O umm, about that. I borrowed it to ummm . . . clean out my house of . . . varments. . .yeah. And I kind of lost it in the . . . trash compactor. . . and I would try to retrieve it but it was loaded when I lost it in the compactor . . . and, yeah, both are pretty much gone.

Back on topic

In matters pertaining to the smuggling of weapons, how can we introduce effective legislation to curb such activities, but punish law-abiding citizens as little as possible? (This is excluding already-criminalized assault weapons)

deerslayer said:
Back on topic

In matters pertaining to the smuggling of weapons, how can we introduce effective legislation to curb such activities, but punish law-abiding citizens as little as possible?

This will be very hard! For one, the border is as permeable to guns as it is to illigal alliens, so this will make for an impossible task. Secondly, you haven't given thought to law abiding citizens who loose it and start a rampage.
You just can't prevent gun killings with half the populace armed to the teeth. Therefor I am a protagonist of the least amount of guns in a society. It is like communism, it is a very nice theory and works on paper, but in reality. When living people enter the equation things go amiss.

Law-abiding citizens who lose it and go on a rampage... that's called "going postal"... we can prevent that by not allowing USPS workers to own firearms.
:)

Ted said:
This will be very hard! For one, the border is as permeable to guns as it is to illigal alliens, so this will make for an impossible task. Secondly, you haven't given thought to law abiding citizens who loose it and start a rampage.
You just can't prevent gun killings with half the populace armed to the teeth. Therefor I am a protagonist of the least amount of guns in a society. It is like communism, it is a very nice theory and works on paper, but in reality. When living people enter the equation things go amiss.

That first paragraph was my point- I should have used sarcasm tags. The second paragraph was my two-edged sword opinion. The "armed society = polite society" argument still stands firm with me.

[QUOTE]Which is funny, considering he is from Australia...[/QUOTE]

Yeah well now all we've gotta do is flog Gretel Killeen and Rove McManus off to you guys and we'll be happy. Maybe you could take Daryl Sommers and Mark Holden while your at it.

AussieNick said:
[QUOTE]Which is funny, considering he is from Australia...[/QUOTE]

Yeah well now all we've gotta do is flog Gretel Killeen and Rove McManus off to you guys and we'll be happy. Maybe you could take Daryl Sommers and Mark Holden while your at it.
I dont know who you're talking about (Aussie Tv personalities?)but if they're anything like Irwin the Tv is going to go if they arrive.

Back