Subject: GUN CONTROL - Page 8

--
Subject: GUN CONTROL

May 20th, 2006  
major liability

What about scumbags you're just crossing on the street? Do you go all Punisher on them?
May 20th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
It doesn't matter, you should be able to own what ever firearm you want.

First they start with one type of firearm, than a next and so on and so forth. Pretty soon. You wont be able to own any type of firearm.
You know I have turned conciderably on this topic already, but this is still too far for me. You say all, right? I thought it was for defence only.... When I read this I think why not install a in the central hall-way. This way I can kill any who walk the hall, the basement, the attic and everybody else in all rooms. With some luck, kill the neighbour´s out in their yard and them in their sleep-room. Why do need an assault rifle if you can kill with your pistol?
May 20th, 2006  
WarMachine

People tend to this issue has to do with rural hunters or something. It's about inner city killings where gangs and criminals can attain firearms and shoot each other with them as well as shoot us. It's really an urban problem and it should be understood that way. The NRA has to look at its rosters and check how many of their members are criminals, if none then maybe they should STFU. You guys that use your guns responsibly for recreation or whatever, no problem there. It's the ones that use their guns to kill a man for his wallet that i'm worried about.
--
May 21st, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
You know I have turned conciderably on this topic already, but this is still too far for me. You say all, right? I thought it was for defence only.... When I read this I think why not install a in the central hall-way. This way I can kill any who walk the hall, the basement, the attic and everybody else in all rooms. With some luck, kill the neighbour´s out in their yard and them in their sleep-room. Why do need an assault rifle if you can kill with your pistol?
Why do you believe guns are only owned to kill? I have several thousand dollars worth of firearms. They aren't for protection, they're to take to the range and fire, train with, etc. I didn't spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on them so I could "shoot me up some intruders."

Shooting is a hobby, so is collecting.
May 21st, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Ture. There are plenty of people who have guns just for the sake of having them.
May 21st, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ24
Why do you believe guns are only owned to kill? I have several thousand dollars worth of firearms. They aren't for protection, they're to take to the range and fire, train with, etc. I didn't spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on them so I could "shoot me up some intruders."

Shooting is a hobby, so is collecting.
This is the impression I get while readin the used arguments. The recreational issue is used every so often, but the amount of times I read about the 2nd amendment and the right to defend yourself are numerous. If you look back it looks like everybody has to defend themself or is participating to this event.
May 21st, 2006  
Rob Henderson

But the people who have used these arguments are trying to use anything they can to keep their guns. If laws are passed on stricter gun control, the collectors will lose them just as soon as the criminals will.
May 21st, 2006  
bulldogg

Nah, the criminals won't lose them.
May 21st, 2006  
Missileer

For those interested, a semi-competent blacksmith can make a usable gun and a manner of propelling an object with sufficient speed to penetrate simple armor and kill. Gunpowder can be made from natural materials from the Earth. The camel's nose is more than under the tent as the saying goes. There will be always firearms available to those who want them, our job as a society is responsibility in how they are used. The day citizens of the World lose their freedom to protect themselves will be the day of the greatest purge of mankind since the Earth was formed. Keep in mind that despots and dictators prefer unarmed peasants. If you doubt my words, read up on Uday and Qusay as well as Saddam and their ideas of how to keep the populace under control.
May 21st, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Sounds good Missileer.