Subject: GUN CONTROL - Page 7

--
Subject: GUN CONTROL

May 19th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Wel, some do, but most end in a lawsuit or a runaway wife. Its sad that we have domestic violence at all, but only a few end in shootings or killings.
May 19th, 2006  
bush musketeer

Topic: hehe

to 5.56 as far as your facts go they aint very factual, before you go around thinking everybody in australia has lost there guns check your bloody facts. a large percentage of those guns handed in were old useless guns anyway and with the prices the govt payed it meant we could buy better ones. we aint stupid enough down under to let those politicians get there way but there will be more roundups and eventually the pollies will find out how well armed we are down under i guess . the laws passed down here were done by people who know very little about firearms in general.
May 19th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

It doesn't matter, you should be able to own what ever firearm you want.

First they start with one type of firearm, than a next and so on and so forth. Pretty soon. You wont be able to own any type of firearm.
--
May 19th, 2006  
AlexKall

"You wont be able to own any type of firearm."

I will have a party that day!
May 19th, 2006  
moving0target

Quote:
the laws passed down here were done by people who know very little about firearms in general.
Funny how the most ignorant people seem to be hell bent on removing firearms from the hands of citizens.
May 20th, 2006  
C/2nd Lt Robot

My views are the same as pretty much everyone else, with the likely exceptions. Not that being an exception is a bad thing in this case. I don't care if you're here to steal a penny or kill someone. I work with wood from time to time, mainly with my uncle, and he's always taught me "Measure twice, cut once." And there is a big difference between someone coming through a window (or however they please) and someone knocking on a door. They have plenty of ways they can enter with force, but only one way they can leave. If a criminal is dumb enough to break in at night you might as well have them spend the night.

We're not the best protected family, but where we live, protection really is an option. In the nine or so years we've lived here there have only been a few instances of break-ins, and that was pretty much all in a few weeks. All we have, in terms of modern firearms, is a .22 pistol. I can honestly say that with boxes of ammunition I have no problem reloading. But the other rifles we have can be fired; we just need the ammunition for them. We have a Martini Henry, Sharp's, and a Mosin Nagat. With any of our guns the only warning shot (provided we have the ammunition) you'll get is one to the head. With the exception to our .22, you'll get as many shots as I need. And if the s*** hits the fan, my baseball bats will back me up. And that whoosh sound I can make with it can easily turn into the sound of a neck (or your choice of bone) snapping.

I'm sure that when I move into a house of my own, start a family or not, you want trouble on my property, you'll get trouble. I'll start off with a simple shotgun (12 gauge), and then move on to rifles and .45's.
May 20th, 2006  
major liability

Yep, I'll be starting with the M16 and moving up to claymores.
May 20th, 2006  
deerslayer

I will personally kill, field dress, and eat any man who either a. breaks into my home or b. talks to me about Algebra II.

In all honesty, my mother, a prosecutor, has counseled burglars, and has told them that they're lucky to be alive- boobytrapping isn't as uncommon as you'd think.
May 20th, 2006  
C/2nd Lt Robot

BOOBY TRAPS! I knew I was forgetting something.
May 20th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Ahhh....

I once though of putting a toe popper in sliding glass door.

You get one of those trip alarms that hold a shotgub blanl so they scare the animals away. Expect you replace the blank with some 12 ga 00 Buck.

Scumbag trips the line and loses a lower leg.

But since it's against the law to booby trap you house and that I don't want him losing blood all over my rug. I decieded that it is better to just let him enter the house and I'll blast him away in the kitchen where it's all tile floor.

So I just get some water a bleach and mop it al up.

Yup, I'm evil sometimes. Scumbags get no nice me to deal with. Only the pain in the arse they're going to die me.