Subject: GUN CONTROL - Page 6

--
Subject: GUN CONTROL

May 17th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
What kind of backwardness is that? Suppose my rental car brakes down. Next thing is that I'll try and ask for help.... unannounced I walk onto sombody propertie and get shot at! Please tell, that this is not the standard!
You will most likely not be wandering around, snooping in the shed/garage and looking suspicious, either. Also, you probably won't be carrying a rifle and a spotlight while you look for deer. Etc.

Most people will not have a problem helping you if your intentions are pure, it is pretty easy to tell the difference too. (see above) I just hope your rental car doesn't break down in S. Central LA or the South Bronx at the wrong time. You may want to get a cellphone.

I agree that specifically shooting (not shooting at, that's okay sometimes) someone you catch stealing or trespassing on your property is a little much in general, and honestly, far less enjoyable than kicking his ass down your drive and to the curb.

However, there are cases where someone on your property can be just as dangerous as if they were in your house. Bulldogg has mentioned poachers, these guys can be very dangerous. I have a friend in PA that has had death threats sent to her because she has had poachers arrested on her land. Last year someone shot into her home. All of this over getting to kill some deer. It can be very dangerous.

May 17th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
What kind of backwardness is that? Suppose my rental car brakes down. Next thing is that I'll try and ask for help.... unannounced I walk onto sombody propertie and get shot at! Please tell, that this is not the standard!
You shout "hello" if you don't see anyone. If there's no answer after a few hellos, approach the door slowly, if the dogs will let you, with both hands in plain sight and knock on the door. If there's no answer, leave and pick another house, no matter how far you have to walk. That's how we handle things in Texas. By the way, if anyone's home, they can see you coming for half a mile and will walk out on the porch when you approach, unless it's a Woman alone at home.
May 17th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
unless it's a Woman alone at home.
Yeah, they greet you through the snipe hole.
--
May 17th, 2006  
sven hassell

You guys should really appreciate your freedoms.
In the U.K. the law is ALLWAYS on the side of the perpetrator.
I have real difficulty visiting relatives in the U.S. due to the fact I recieved a criminal conviction for G.B.H in 1997.
I will tell you of the circumstances.
My wife was out with her friends one night(kids were at mother-in-laws and unfortunately so was dog) and told one of them she was going home.
Little did she know that I had finished my shift early and was asleep at home,so she told her friend that I was away and she would be alone.
This was overheard by a scumbag in the pub who proceeded to follow her home.She suspected this stranger was following but convinced herself he wasn't.
As she entered the house he tried to follow her in.She tried to shut the door on him and he forced it open knocking her to the ground.
I awoke and not knowing what the commotion was wasted time throwing on my wifes pink gown(I was naked).I bounded down the stairs and was confronted by this man standing over my prone wife.
I punched him only once and he tried to run out the door,I made a grab for him and he fell outside the house.Admittedly I did stamp on his head a couple of times but was barefoot and it couldn't have done much damage.
Neighbours rushed out and restrained the pair of us.(They didnt know what was going on all they could see was me naked apart from a flimsy ladies gown attacking someone.)
As it was pub closing time the police attended immediately as they were patroling.I explained the circumstances but because the perpetrator had a broken nose and was semi-concious I was arrested.
Because I used as they see unnessacerry force I was convicted of G.B.H.
I think if this had been the U.S. things would have been different.
On another occasion a would be attacker made an attempt to grab my wife and drag her into some bushes and was savaged by my dog.
The attacker never reported this as if he had my dog would have been destroyed and my wife sued for his injuries.
In 1999 I was robbed at knife point for the contents of my work van and was stabbed in the back as tried to escape.Had I used a weapon(even non lethal pepper spray or a taser) I would have been jailed for possesion of an illegal weapon even though my assailant walked from court with a suspended sentance and a fine.
I am not allowed pistols any more(totaly illegal in U.K.) and its just a matter of time before they take my shotguns but I would never have used either to defend myself as I know the law is on the side of the criminal in the U.K. and I would only end up jailed myself if ever the situation arose.
See events on 'Tony Martin Case' in U.K. to see what I mean.
I hope you never have to put up with this S**T in U.S.A. and support your struggle against gun control each and every one of you
May 17th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

THanks for your Sven, I hope that when you move to Poland. That evertything goes good for you and the family.

I know of the Tony Matrin Case. He was the farmer that was robbed 12 times. One the 13th, he got a shotgun and blasted the scumbags. Now he's serving time in prison because he tried to protect himself and his property.
May 17th, 2006  
moving0target

Probably old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFPNT...earch=firearms
May 18th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

All of those cases were dropped. They had to give back the firearms and New Orleans PD got sued by the NRA for breaching the 2nd Amendment rights of the legal owners.

New Orleans' Mayor got screwed because of that.
May 19th, 2006  
deerslayer

Greg Hackney, famous LA angler, found out that his old man was trapped in an attic in NO. The guy went to a sherrif's office, got a bass boat and as many guns as the deputies could lay their paws on, and made an incursion into the city. Or so I'm told.
May 19th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

"incursion" hahahaha...
May 19th, 2006  
Strongbow

The statistics I have seen suggest that Americans seem to like shooting people that they know. Domestic disputes seem to be solved by pulling out the firearm from the dresser draw in the bedroom.