Subject: GUN CONTROL

Wel, some do, but most end in a lawsuit or a runaway wife. Its sad that we have domestic violence at all, but only a few end in shootings or killings.

hehe

to 5.56 as far as your facts go they aint very factual, before you go around thinking everybody in australia has lost there guns check your bloody facts. a large percentage of those guns handed in were old useless guns anyway and with the prices the govt payed it meant we could buy better ones. we aint stupid enough down under to let those politicians get there way but there will be more roundups and eventually the pollies will find out how well armed we are down under i guess:-D . the laws passed down here were done by people who know very little about firearms in general.

It doesn't matter, you should be able to own what ever firearm you want.

First they start with one type of firearm, than a next and so on and so forth. Pretty soon. You wont be able to own any type of firearm.

the laws passed down here were done by people who know very little about firearms in general.

Funny how the most ignorant people seem to be hell bent on removing firearms from the hands of citizens.

My views are the same as pretty much everyone else, with the likely exceptions. Not that being an exception is a bad thing in this case. I don't care if you're here to steal a penny or kill someone. I work with wood from time to time, mainly with my uncle, and he's always taught me "Measure twice, cut once." And there is a big difference between someone coming through a window (or however they please) and someone knocking on a door. They have plenty of ways they can enter with force, but only one way they can leave. If a criminal is dumb enough to break in at night you might as well have them spend the night.

We're not the best protected family, but where we live, protection really is an option. In the nine or so years we've lived here there have only been a few instances of break-ins, and that was pretty much all in a few weeks. All we have, in terms of modern firearms, is a .22 pistol. I can honestly say that with boxes of ammunition I have no problem reloading. But the other rifles we have can be fired; we just need the ammunition for them. We have a Martini Henry, Sharp's, and a Mosin Nagat. With any of our guns the only warning shot (provided we have the ammunition) you'll get is one to the head. With the exception to our .22, you'll get as many shots as I need. And if the s*** hits the fan, my baseball bats will back me up. And that whoosh sound I can make with it can easily turn into the sound of a neck (or your choice of bone) snapping.

I'm sure that when I move into a house of my own, start a family or not, you want trouble on my property, you'll get trouble. I'll start off with a simple shotgun (12 gauge), and then move on to rifles and .45's.

Last edited:
I will personally kill, field dress, and eat any man who either a. breaks into my home or b. talks to me about Algebra II.

In all honesty, my mother, a prosecutor, has counseled burglars, and has told them that they're lucky to be alive- boobytrapping isn't as uncommon as you'd think.

Ahhh....

I once though of putting a toe popper in sliding glass door.

You get one of those trip alarms that hold a shotgub blanl so they scare the animals away. Expect you replace the blank with some 12 ga 00 Buck.

Scumbag trips the line and loses a lower leg.

But since it's against the law to booby trap you house and that I don't want him losing blood all over my rug. I decieded that it is better to just let him enter the house and I'll blast him away in the kitchen where it's all tile floor.

So I just get some water a bleach and mop it al up.

:firedevi: Yup, I'm evil sometimes. Scumbags get no nice me to deal with. Only the pain in the arse they're going to die me.

5.56X45mm said:
It doesn't matter, you should be able to own what ever firearm you want.

First they start with one type of firearm, than a next and so on and so forth. Pretty soon. You wont be able to own any type of firearm.

You know I have turned conciderably on this topic already, but this is still too far for me. You say all, right? I thought it was for defence only.... When I read this I think why not install a :biggun: in the central hall-way. This way I can kill any who walk the hall, the basement, the attic and everybody else in all rooms. With some luck, kill the neighbour´s out in their yard and them in their sleep-room. Why do need an assault rifle if you can kill with your pistol?

People tend to this issue has to do with rural hunters or something. It's about inner city killings where gangs and criminals can attain firearms and shoot each other with them as well as shoot us. It's really an urban problem and it should be understood that way. The NRA has to look at its rosters and check how many of their members are criminals, if none then maybe they should STFU. You guys that use your guns responsibly for recreation or whatever, no problem there. It's the ones that use their guns to kill a man for his wallet that i'm worried about.

Ted said:
You know I have turned conciderably on this topic already, but this is still too far for me. You say all, right? I thought it was for defence only.... When I read this I think why not install a :biggun: in the central hall-way. This way I can kill any who walk the hall, the basement, the attic and everybody else in all rooms. With some luck, kill the neighbour´s out in their yard and them in their sleep-room. Why do need an assault rifle if you can kill with your pistol?

Why do you believe guns are only owned to kill? I have several thousand dollars worth of firearms. They aren't for protection, they're to take to the range and fire, train with, etc. I didn't spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on them so I could "shoot me up some intruders."

Shooting is a hobby, so is collecting.

PJ24 said:
Why do you believe guns are only owned to kill? I have several thousand dollars worth of firearms. They aren't for protection, they're to take to the range and fire, train with, etc. I didn't spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on them so I could "shoot me up some intruders."

Shooting is a hobby, so is collecting.

This is the impression I get while readin the used arguments. The recreational issue is used every so often, but the amount of times I read about the 2nd amendment and the right to defend yourself are numerous. If you look back it looks like everybody has to defend themself or is participating to this event.

But the people who have used these arguments are trying to use anything they can to keep their guns. If laws are passed on stricter gun control, the collectors will lose them just as soon as the criminals will.

For those interested, a semi-competent blacksmith can make a usable gun and a manner of propelling an object with sufficient speed to penetrate simple armor and kill. Gunpowder can be made from natural materials from the Earth. The camel's nose is more than under the tent as the saying goes. There will be always firearms available to those who want them, our job as a society is responsibility in how they are used. The day citizens of the World lose their freedom to protect themselves will be the day of the greatest purge of mankind since the Earth was formed. Keep in mind that despots and dictators prefer unarmed peasants. If you doubt my words, read up on Uday and Qusay as well as Saddam and their ideas of how to keep the populace under control.

Back