Subject: GUN CONTROL - Page 14

--
Subject: GUN CONTROL

May 29th, 2006  
bulldogg

Again with the friggin wildlife... where's my shotgun?
May 29th, 2006  
C/2nd Lt Robot

O_O umm, about that. I borrowed it to ummm . . . clean out my house of . . . varments. . .yeah. And I kind of lost it in the . . . trash compactor. . . and I would try to retrieve it but it was loaded when I lost it in the compactor . . . and, yeah, both are pretty much gone.
May 30th, 2006  
deerslayer

Back on topic

In matters pertaining to the smuggling of weapons, how can we introduce effective legislation to curb such activities, but punish law-abiding citizens as little as possible? (This is excluding already-criminalized assault weapons)
--
May 31st, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer
Back on topic

In matters pertaining to the smuggling of weapons, how can we introduce effective legislation to curb such activities, but punish law-abiding citizens as little as possible?
This will be very hard! For one, the border is as permeable to guns as it is to illigal alliens, so this will make for an impossible task. Secondly, you haven't given thought to law abiding citizens who loose it and start a rampage.
You just can't prevent gun killings with half the populace armed to the teeth. Therefor I am a protagonist of the least amount of guns in a society. It is like communism, it is a very nice theory and works on paper, but in reality. When living people enter the equation things go amiss.
May 31st, 2006  
bulldogg

Law-abiding citizens who lose it and go on a rampage... that's called "going postal"... we can prevent that by not allowing USPS workers to own firearms.
May 31st, 2006  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
This will be very hard! For one, the border is as permeable to guns as it is to illigal alliens, so this will make for an impossible task. Secondly, you haven't given thought to law abiding citizens who loose it and start a rampage.
You just can't prevent gun killings with half the populace armed to the teeth. Therefor I am a protagonist of the least amount of guns in a society. It is like communism, it is a very nice theory and works on paper, but in reality. When living people enter the equation things go amiss.
That first paragraph was my point- I should have used sarcasm tags. The second paragraph was my two-edged sword opinion. The "armed society = polite society" argument still stands firm with me.
June 2nd, 2006  
AussieNick

[QUOTE]Which is funny, considering he is from Australia...[/QUOTE]

Yeah well now all we've gotta do is flog Gretel Killeen and Rove McManus off to you guys and we'll be happy. Maybe you could take Daryl Sommers and Mark Holden while your at it.
June 6th, 2006  
sven hassell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
[QUOTE]Which is funny, considering he is from Australia...[/QUOTE]

Yeah well now all we've gotta do is flog Gretel Killeen and Rove McManus off to you guys and we'll be happy. Maybe you could take Daryl Sommers and Mark Holden while your at it.
I dont know who you're talking about (Aussie Tv personalities?)but if they're anything like Irwin the Tv is going to go if they arrive.