• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure

• 100% No Clue at all

• Total voters

Kane

People's Republic of China seeks to scrap the J-11 Licensing.

(PLAAF) and PLAN seeks to cancell the J-11 Licensing or the Su-27Sk Flanker due to the PLAAF requirements and standards. Once the 105 J-11 batch are completed, production of the J-11 will be halted immediately.

The PLAAF are looking forward to the JXX,J-12,J-13 projects. Mass production of the J-10A and B Vigorous Dragon have been already started to complete the PLAAF requirements. Another aircraft, the Russian Su-30MMK is also added into tthe PRC's inventory and negotiations for another batch is already underway. Another aircraft FC-1 Super is already in Production and export verions of the FC-1 are sold to Pakistan.

Over-all, China's Air Force Air frames used currently, are obsolete for now compared to Russian and Western Standards, but has made substantial progress. In approximately 10 to 20 years or so, PLAAF might achieve it's goals to form a World Class Air Force however these are only estimates. (But, it might come earlier than anticipated)

i think they should...

since PLA can already get Su-30, a better aircraft then Su-27, why still produce it, and it costs a lot

Mod edit: NO! Do not insult countrys, and do not make generalizations!

Asskicker....no need to bash against the Russian Production Plants. Su-27 costs a lot because of the availibity of certain components.

yeah, that is true, Su-27 is good stuff

but it is not good enough aganist F-22 , isn't it?

china should use its money to build some better stuff rather than su-27 which will probably become outdated when PLA airforce have a lot of them

js03173.jpg

there is one version about fc-1,it is made for export[/img]

If only Europe would lift that arms ban... :roll: Then we could fight mirage with mirage hehe. At the moment china is limited to buying Russian hardware or making its own.

U.S will not let that happen,
but France government seems to be very interested on chinese military market

they just had a tour in china and show china how good theri stuff are

The french has good technology and missiles, but i dont think i like their tanks or aircrafts, china could take ownership of some military technology

Asskicker said:
yeah, that is true, Su-27 is good stuff

but it is not good enough aganist F-22 , isn't it?

china should use its money to build some better stuff rather than su-27 which will probably become outdated when PLA airforce have a lot of them

When the stealth bombers and fighters were opened to the public they were 10 year old tech. The russians have secret planes also...

It is good news .China should abandon the project in order to support domestic weapons .i don't like j-11 and Shenfei.They are wasting limited money

Snauhi said:
China cant make domestic weapons thats the problem

Wow that sure is one heck of a generalisation! :shock: I see what youre talking about minus the ridiculously exaggerated comment and I only feel that China will end up wasting money on infeasible or unrealistic military projects. Just take the J-10 and how long that took to come into fruition.

This decision does make sense though as the baseline Su-27SK is really a very limited aircraft with very limited air-to-ground capabilites and the inability to carry active radar homing missiles.

Just another thing Snauhi, who supported China's nuclear programme in the 1960's?

silent driller said:
I say "Why bother?" But in all honesty, I couldn't care less what they do with their Air Force.

For my love of the USA, I pray that it will have less and less such arrogant and ignorant people like you.

Asskicker said:
U.S will not let that happen,
but France government seems to be very interested on chinese military market

they just had a tour in china and show china how good theri stuff are
well of course France wants the ban lifted, they sold stuff to Saddam so why not China?

also, China could then get stuff for cheaper since Russia, France, and other countries would be in competition

now one funny and good thing about those ruskie planes is they are compatable with ordance and the fuel hoses/etc. of the west, the plan was for whenever they captured allied air bases to use those so a lot of the stuff can be interchangeable

Yup I remember that.
I think I read that the East Block planes were designed to be compatable with the West's airfield facilities (fuel, armament etc.) because of the possibiility of taking NATO airfields. I think that was in that Alexander Zuyev book, "Fulcrum." Dude defected to Turkey back during the Cold War.

Back