Su-27Sk/J-11 Fighter Licensing maybe terminated - Page 2

View Poll Results :Should PRC scratch the Su-27Sk License?
Yes 9 64.29%
No 5 35.71%
I'm not sure 0 0%
100% No Clue at all 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

--

November 13th, 2004  
westwater

It is good news .China should abandon the project in order to support domestic weapons .i don't like j-11 and Shenfei.They are wasting limited money
November 13th, 2004  
Snauhi

China cant make domestic weapons thats the problem
November 13th, 2004  
August1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
China cant make domestic weapons thats the problem
Wow that sure is one heck of a generalisation! I see what youre talking about minus the ridiculously exaggerated comment and I only feel that China will end up wasting money on infeasible or unrealistic military projects. Just take the J-10 and how long that took to come into fruition.

This decision does make sense though as the baseline Su-27SK is really a very limited aircraft with very limited air-to-ground capabilites and the inability to carry active radar homing missiles.

Just another thing Snauhi, who supported China's nuclear programme in the 1960's?
--
November 14th, 2004  
Asskicker

china cant make weapons??

hope U.S think that way and then we can beat them
November 14th, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asskicker

China cant beat USA.
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Quote:

China cant beat USA.
Now boys lets not fight.
I think the program should be canceled and the funds used on training of troops
November 14th, 2004  
silent driller

I say "Why bother?" But in all honesty, I couldn't care less what they do with their Air Force.
November 18th, 2004  
It's all a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
I say "Why bother?" But in all honesty, I couldn't care less what they do with their Air Force.
For my love of the USA, I pray that it will have less and less such arrogant and ignorant people like you.
November 18th, 2004  
texasrebel211

Quote:
U.S will not let that happen,
but France government seems to be very interested on chinese military market

they just had a tour in china and show china how good theri stuff are
well of course France wants the ban lifted, they sold stuff to Saddam so why not China?

also, China could then get stuff for cheaper since Russia, France, and other countries would be in competition

now one funny and good thing about those ruskie planes is they are compatable with ordance and the fuel hoses/etc. of the west, the plan was for whenever they captured allied air bases to use those so a lot of the stuff can be interchangeable
November 18th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Yup I remember that.
I think I read that the East Block planes were designed to be compatable with the West's airfield facilities (fuel, armament etc.) because of the possibiility of taking NATO airfields. I think that was in that Alexander Zuyev book, "Fulcrum." Dude defected to Turkey back during the Cold War.