This stupid reputation BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmarsh, take it easy. To make it clear, that was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. You do seem to be a bit edgy these days though. I'm attributing it to the election and politics in general (it gets to all of us). Don't worry, if I had a real problem with you or a post you made, you know I'd be sending you a PM. In fact, I think I will PM you at your request and we'll talk.
And TOG, I appreciate you trying :thumb:

I am sorry DTOP, I guess I jumped the gun. I wasn't angry, just taken aback.
Although I enjoy the forums one of its greatest weakness it trying to figure out a person's intent, such as whether a person is serious or not. Guess that time I analyzed it wrong. My apologies.

Like I've told you guys and gals before, you have an ear in administration. If you think you have been mistreated, Redleg will bring it to the "mod squad" and we will all vote and Redleg will render a verdict. Sometimes, he disagrees and we accept that.

I know some of you think you have reason not to believe that but it happens. We give someone the benefit of a doubt more often as not. We, as members of the forums, have friends and people we agree with philosophically but that isn't a factor in mods making decisions on misconduct because we are as varied in our opinions as everyone on the forum. We're stuck with the forum rules just like everyone else.

Just to close this subject and keep people to speed.

In lew of certain new developments in this unfortunate incident, I have asked Redleg to withdraw my negative score and have privately apologized to Damien435.

Guys it's a friggin' rep, we don't get paid or penalized for it. As long as you're not in the red I don't think it's a big deal.

so you made that rep in the "heat of the moment"?

No, it was a combination a honest misunderstanding coupled with extremely unfortunate timing. It was neither his fault nor mine. Damien knows what I am referring to, so we will just leave it at that.

Redneck

It might not matter, but it is insulting. And people here do use it for personal attacks and to 'settle' scores. And as you said, it doesn't really do anything useful, so why have it at all?

Redneck

It might not matter, but it is insulting. And people here do use it for personal attacks and to 'settle' scores. And as you said, it doesn't really do anything useful, so why have it at all?
Where's Redneck?? :cool:

We're considering it, but when vbulletin hits version 3.7 it will be removed for sure...

Mmarsh, why do you care what people say to attack you on a bulletin board?

I believe in being polite, just because we are all in front of a keyboard and screen doesn't mean we should act like an ass****, especially when all we are doing is exchanging personal opinions. When People at make personal attacks simply because they disagree with another it usually means they lack sufficient evidence (or intellect) is disprove them.

I know... and that probably means your argument has a lot of merit. At the least it means the other guy can't find a way to argue against you.
I used to spend hours a day getting HEAVILY criticized by my old man. No seriously, when I was young (basically until I got into high school) I thought I was mentally retarded. I think I can take a little "Hey, you suck" from some douche bag I never met.

oh, an by the way, I resent being called an echo! :angel:

I never bother with these matters and I have never had any intention to post on this thread, but for my sins I just cannot resist the temptation on this one.

Since reading it, I can't get the old song out of my head:-

'Little Sir Echo
How do you do?
Hello, hello!
You're a fine little fellow
I can tell by your posts(voice)
But you're always so far away.'

I can no longer think of you any other way. BTW, back to the alter-ego thread, my mind is cleared of Basil Brush at last.:hide:

Last edited:
GUYS CHILL OUT IT'S JUST A DISCUSSION FORUM!!!!
I'm only here so often because I haven't got a full time job yet (i.e. I'm a bum).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back