This stupid reputation BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case Boom er1 would have the worst reputation on the board as he has beaten me on every game.

:)

One final thing for the Staff. I have been meaning to say this for awhile, but this is a good place as any.

I hate the reputation system. I have a good rep right now, but I absolutely hate the system. Since Day 1, it had been used for nothing more than revenge and personal attacks.

All 4 of my negative reviews so far have all been unjustified or unfair:

1. I got a neg review from *Somebody* (I know exactly who you are) a few months ago because I opposed his bullying of another member. His comment was "can't take a joke".

2. I got another negative comment for "US Military bashing is against the rules" because I thought the F-22 was too expensive. (I think I know which Iranian-Canadian ex-member that was.)

3. A third neg review was because a member misinterpreted a harmless joke. (this stuff can happen, I would have explained and apologized if I was given the time).

4. And now this one for committing the minor sin of being OT committed by everyone INCLUDING the Senior Staff. If this person doesn't come forward, you are a coward as well as being a hypocrite.

So again I don't think it does any good and it leads to episodes like what happened today.

I would Disable it immediatly but thats only my opinion.

And the mods have access to the reps, dont' they? If you disagree with something a mod says (and you're already on the naughty list) you can't post a negative rep, or else you're a goner.

The reps are a nice idea in theory, but they dont' work in practice.

Has anyone else noticed that mmarsh and his little echo TheOtherGuy never miss a chance to badmouth the staff? At least TOG knows he's on thin ice :rolleyes:

You better be 'cause we're all watching you!

1984-Big-Brother-Poster-Orwell_2.png

Or in this case, the mods! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else noticed that mmarsh and his little echo TheOtherGuy never miss a chance to badmouth the staff? At least TOG knows he's on thin ice :rolleyes:

WHAT???

DTOP in seriousness, I'm totally stunned by this. Are you making a joke, or are you serious?

To begin with, as far as I can recollect (I certainly don't remember it), I have never been warned about bad-mouthing the staff either by the Administrator or by the Mods, in fact I haven't had a warning of any type for almost a year. The last verb order I got was you asking me to tone down the rhetoric, and that was reasonable. But Bad-Mouthing the Staff is news to me an would like to see an example of this.

I have enormous respect for you guys, but I have disagreed on various topics from time to time with staff members including yourself, and I won't hesitate to tell a staff member I think he's wrong. Also, on a very few rare occasions, it is the staff member that was out-of-line (i.e being rude, insensitive, or intolerant) to a member. Its happened to me twice and each time I was direct but not rude. I remember one nasty exchange a few years ago (which I was not involved in) in which the moderator was screaming (in caps) like a out-of-control user and it was the user was trying to defuse the situation. You guys do a pretty good job policing the forum (especially recently, as we are enjoying a long period of calm), I applaud you on that, but occasionally you guys do forget to police yourselves (aka apply the same rules to yourselves as you ask we members to do).

I don't need to bad-mouth the staff, if I had a problem with a staff member (which I don't) then I would simply contact the Admin directly. As a matter of fact I have several staff members I consider friends and because I consider you a friend, I would have preferred if you had spoken to me privately, instead of finding out about this in this public area.

Finally, This is the suggestion box area is it not? All I did was suggest that a specific feature of the software be eliminated because after this latest deal with Damien435 it has only confirmed by opinion that the reps system be removed as it seems to CAUSE fights and misunderstandings. I am only offering a suggestion that IMHO will improve things, but this is only my opinion, and its Redleg's website he does what he wants with it, he certainly doesn't need my permission.

Please PM me if you want to discuss.

In case this was in jest, forgive me. I have had a stressful month.

On a slightly different subject, I have a question.

Can negative rep points be given to staff posts and can staff give out negative points to members?

Last edited:
mmarsh, take it easy. To make it clear, that was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. You do seem to be a bit edgy these days though. I'm attributing it to the election and politics in general (it gets to all of us). Don't worry, if I had a real problem with you or a post you made, you know I'd be sending you a PM. In fact, I think I will PM you at your request and we'll talk.
And TOG, I appreciate you trying :thumb:

Can negative rep points be given to staff posts and can staff give out negative points to members?
Yes (but I'm not sure if I would recommend it.. ;) ), and yes... :smil:

You are making me wish I hadn't opted out of the negative rep aspect just so I could be the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back