Stupid people and the Stanley Cup

Trevor

I saw on the news the other night, that there are some people who have gone to the NHL and want to have average joes compete for the Stanley Cup this year, because of the lockdown. You can find more about theses retards at www.freestanley.com

Ahhh well go easy on the retard part:p

I agree though it should stay within the NHL as it was made for it.
I saw that on TV that website they displayed it on the news.

sports has turned into a business recently and that really sucks. when baseball had their lockdown that was pretty sad too. but i don't ever remember people saying they should let whoever compete for the the trophy.

See it isn't just competition and having fun with the game right now.

It has become controversy, trying to gain popularity by using bad methods, and they are becoming very money hungry.

I mean the players get about an average of what 5 million a year and they want more? I mean cmon. They don't even work for half the year.

well they are working the whole year to stay in shape and practice. so they are getting paid for that much. but they do get a lot more vacation time than anyone else.

pro sports of any kind is all crap anyways... those men (for the most part) are sorry excuses for human beings... it really pisses me off to see the fights and the spats and the general lack of respect from player to player these days... and as was said above it is just one big BUSINESS and that is it... if it weren't for college sports there would be NOTHING on tv!! yeah you heard me G4 killed techtv so there is never anything on.

GO UGA

The NHL players association has it's head so far up it's ass it's seeing day light. They simply refuse to accept that the NHL's current system isn't viable, and that a pay cap is necessary.

Frankly I'd support the Stanley cup being competed for; bring out the best amateur teams in Canada; or just any teams made of anybody; stick them in a tournament and let'em have it. Frankly I don't think anybody wants a blank spotof the stanley cup because of a players strike.

I just hate how the NHL Owners Association and the NHLPA are keeping me from enjoying my favorite sport to view and the main sport in my High School career. At least, the IIHF WJC's are on these days.

Back