Stupid Missions

SHERMAN

Ever got an operation or mssion that was just plane stupid or useles...?I just finished 4 houres of foot patrol, no weapons, "under cover"....Dang...so useless. Got nothing...Well, not true, i got a terrible pane in my right leg(jumped over a fence and my leg hit a rock...)...I wish they had put me in a squad car as usual...dang ion-foot patrol...in the dark, no weapons...what am i soppused to do, shout at the criminals?i had my bat with me, but i like my M1 better. Its more intimidating...

All I can say is... wtf? Sounds stupid...

And you guys are still using M1's? SWEET! :rambo: :twisted:

yes

Yes. It is stupid. We have two weapons.The M1 carabine with 7.62mm, and the Bareta 0.22 pistol. Im only allowed to carry the M1...The pistols are for the bycical unit mainly(and the 0.22 sucks anyways...)

No

GutontheRight knows im Israeli...Im in the Civil Guard, it's a force that is used to assist the police against criminals and terrorists. People come from home with their car(some get a police car for their shieft, or are assighned as a partner with a police man.). They give us weapons, radios, and we scout around our hometown, looking for criminals. We have baiscally the same rights as a police officer when on shift...

Nice.

I know GuyontheRight knows where you're from (it's kind of hard to miss :lol: ), I was just trying to give you a hard time. I'll do better next time.

They send people out on bicycles? With .22s? WTF?!?! Why not wheelchairs and really big sticks? Or maybe brass knuckles and a unicycle? Roller skates and a BAD attitude? Oh, oh, horseback with a saber!! Now THAT would intimidate. (They should give mounted police sabers.)

Heck yeah they should. After the first dozen or so headless criminals turned up, I think you'd see a BIG drop in crime. :lol:

So, wait sometimes you just cruise around the town with an M1 at your side? THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! :lol:

Sounds fun, walking around town, lookin for the bad guys, and then u get shot because u didn't have a friggin gun. The level of stupidity people have never ceases to amaze me.

At least you guys are still using a weapon that has knock down, immobilization power.

Compared to the M-16 that is.

Speaking of M-1's...I forgot to hug my 30-06 today :(.

Jamoni said:
They send people out on bicycles? With .22s? WTF?!?! Why not wheelchairs and really big sticks? Or maybe brass knuckles and a unicycle? Roller skates and a BAD attitude? Oh, oh, horseback with a saber!! Now THAT would intimidate. (They should give mounted police sabers.)
They have Rollerblade cops in Paris.

Well

The bycicals at least have good bycicals. And they are very fast cyclars...

Jamoni wrote-
Oh, oh, horseback with a saber!! Now THAT would intimidate. (They should give mounted police sabers.)

Acctually, were thinking about a new horseback unit for scouting the fields around here...

Popye wrote:
So, wait sometimes you just cruise around the town with an M1 at your side? THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Id like to ansawer that in to ways. firstly, as a responsible volanteer: We are a very usefull tull in preventing crimes...The weapons are only for emergencys.
Scondly, as a high school student that gets to patrol with a 7.62 carbine- :rambo: 8)

kidneyman said:
They have Rollerblade cops in Paris.
You have GOT to be sh!##!ng me!
"Pierre! the police are coming! Let's split up! I'll run through someone's yard, and you escape by simply climbing a short flight of stairs!"
Okay, check this one out: A mounted cop, (with a saber, of course) and a small pack of police dogs. And one really big dude with an MP5 and head to toe armor. NOW THAT will impact crime. Pansies in spandex on skates will NOT.

The rollerblade cop thing. They exist in the US of A too. NYC and Chicago and I think Detroit but I don't know for sure. Apparently a female cop got gang raped in a park while policing a parade. We're talking 8 billion people around, she has a black belt in judo, but no they put her on rollerblades... :evil:

Back