Studying For ASVAB.. how?

--

November 5th, 2005  
JulesLee

Topic: Studying For ASVAB.. how?

well.. im in AFJROTC CA882 and theres going to be a ASVAB test on the 15th.. Been in 1 year and If I pass.. I can get E-5.. ugg I want XD lol... because im a junior and AFJROTC is my 2nd year..

so any ways to study? I want to do good on the test and pass well so I can pass... Im currently reading the cadet guide but what other stuff is there on the test that I need to know and such? and is it hard for those with past experiences? O__O;;
November 6th, 2005  
06USMC

Topic: Re: Studying For ASVAB.. how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesLee
well.. im in AFJROTC CA882 and theres going to be a ASVAB test on the 15th.. Been in 1 year and If I pass.. I can get E-5.. ugg I want XD lol... because im a junior and AFJROTC is my 2nd year..

so any ways to study? I want to do good on the test and pass well so I can pass... Im currently reading the cadet guide but what other stuff is there on the test that I need to know and such? and is it hard for those with past experiences? O__O;;
It has things like: electrical stuff and mechcanical stuff and stuff like that.
November 10th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Well everyone goes did you pass your asvab, well eveyone passes because if you get a 0 you fail. But we have the national average you have to score at or above in order to be accepted. A lot of it is common sense, I scored a 78 on the practice test.
--
November 11th, 2005  
06USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
Well everyone goes did you pass your asvab, well eveyone passes because if you get a 0 you fail. But we have the national average you have to score at or above in order to be accepted. A lot of it is common sense, I scored a 78 on the practice test.
I got a 68 on my real ASVAB
November 18th, 2005  
Smiddiot

92 on my asvab. my suggestion:
a big part of it was simple multiplication/division problems: brush up on your math skills. that's all i really remember of it.

Also, you get E5 when you join the military? WHAT? not in the USMC lol
November 18th, 2005  
06USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddiot
92 on my asvab. my suggestion:
a big part of it was simple multiplication/division problems: brush up on your math skills. that's all i really remember of it.

Also, you get E5 when you join the military? WHAT? not in the USMC lol
You got a problem with the Marine Corps.... then take that up with the entire brotherhood of Marines
November 18th, 2005  
Smiddiot

Umm if youre not a marine you dont rate talking to me like that, because I AM a marine, buddy.

So yea I'll take it up with whoever, and I'll start with myself.

edit** and yea, I'm right. You dont get automatic Sergeant (E-5 to you civilians, ROTC or not) no matter what you do. You will not roll out of boot camp as a sergeant. Period.
November 18th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

if we stay in ROTC and join the Corp we get E-2
November 19th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I thought after ROTC you joined the military as a 2nd Lt.
November 20th, 2005  
Fox

If I stay JROTC for 4 years and I join the Corps, my rank could be E-3. But I wish I would like to join the Corps really bad, I can't, I'm deaf and I have a flatfeet.