Studying For ASVAB.. how?

JulesLee

well.. im in AFJROTC CA882 and theres going to be a ASVAB test on the 15th.. Been in 1 year and If I pass.. I can get E-5.. ugg I want XD lol... because im a junior and AFJROTC is my 2nd year..

so any ways to study? I want to do good on the test and pass well so I can pass... Im currently reading the cadet guide but what other stuff is there on the test that I need to know and such? and is it hard for those with past experiences? O__O;;

JulesLee said:
well.. im in AFJROTC CA882 and theres going to be a ASVAB test on the 15th.. Been in 1 year and If I pass.. I can get E-5.. ugg I want XD lol... because im a junior and AFJROTC is my 2nd year..

so any ways to study? I want to do good on the test and pass well so I can pass... Im currently reading the cadet guide but what other stuff is there on the test that I need to know and such? and is it hard for those with past experiences? O__O;;

It has things like: electrical stuff and mechcanical stuff and stuff like that.

Well everyone goes did you pass your asvab, well eveyone passes because if you get a 0 you fail. But we have the national average you have to score at or above in order to be accepted. A lot of it is common sense, I scored a 78 on the practice test.

Sea_Cadet said:
Well everyone goes did you pass your asvab, well eveyone passes because if you get a 0 you fail. But we have the national average you have to score at or above in order to be accepted. A lot of it is common sense, I scored a 78 on the practice test.

I got a 68 on my real ASVAB

92 on my asvab. my suggestion:
a big part of it was simple multiplication/division problems: brush up on your math skills. that's all i really remember of it.

Also, you get E5 when you join the military? WHAT? not in the USMC lol

Smiddiot said:
92 on my asvab. my suggestion:
a big part of it was simple multiplication/division problems: brush up on your math skills. that's all i really remember of it.

Also, you get E5 when you join the military? WHAT? not in the USMC lol

You got a problem with the Marine Corps.... then take that up with the entire brotherhood of Marines

Umm if youre not a marine you dont rate talking to me like that, because I AM a marine, buddy.

So yea I'll take it up with whoever, and I'll start with myself.

edit** and yea, I'm right. You dont get automatic Sergeant (E-5 to you civilians, ROTC or not) no matter what you do. You will not roll out of boot camp as a sergeant. Period.

If I stay JROTC for 4 years and I join the Corps, my rank could be E-3. But I wish I would like to join the Corps really bad, I can't, I'm :cen: deaf and I have a :cen: flatfeet.

Firstly, evenif you graduate JROTC after fours years, you must be chosen specifically for what your tasks were and your highest rank, etc as a cadet. You will not be promoted to E-3. The highest you can get from that is E-2. And that is assuming you were an excellent cadet and had a good review by the board of whoever does it. I know this because a cadet of ours just recently joined the Navy after four years in our NJROTC and did not achieve any special advancement in rank due to it. And he complained, so the first question I asked the ASVAB administrator was if JROTC helps. And that was her answer.

Secondly, we just took our ASVABS last Thursday (1 Dec 05). I think the electric stuff was interesting. Know things such as what a resistor, transistor, coil, switch, etc. look like wen drawing electrical diagrams. Also, if you happen to get the one I took, know what a chalk line looks like. There were a lot of questions about torque wrenches and stuff like that.

Also, know some Algebra stuff. The hardest questions on the math part involved what we learned last year in Algebra II. It was simple problems with linear systems. Hope you know how to do that.

Overall, it was a pretty easy test.

Oh, and know what species a cat is. Mammal, plant, bird, or fish. Hint: It's not plant.

Back