Student suspended over call from mom in Iraq

the_13th_redneck said:
Whatever, if I get to go to Iraq and I get greased over there, I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me.

Your purgative. However the statement smacks of blaming the individual service member for the US Policy and saying they got what they deserved. Typical Euro Rhetoric.

03USMC said:
the_13th_redneck said:
Whatever, if I get to go to Iraq and I get greased over there, I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me.

Your purgative. However the statement smacks of blaming the individual service member for the US Policy and saying they got what they deserved. Typical Euro Rhetoric.

Yeh, let's try and not turn this into a heated Iraq war debate. I think we can guess each other's opinions, but feel similarly about that school admistration's behavior.

Something started happening in this country from the mid-to-late 70s onward. A progressive unraveling of the fabric where parents used to take responsibility for the behavior of their kids, where school principles were allowed and exercized corporal punishment for unruly kids and where the police did their job of fighting crime instead of being called and filling in for the true failures in kids' lives.

In my day, if Mom called the school (since they didn't have cell phones) and needed to talk to little Jonny, the office would get on the intercom and tell the teacher to send little Jonny on down to the office. They communicated and showed understanding. If little Jonny had been bad, he would have got a open handed swat in grade school or a nice swing from the tapered ash wood paddle in junior high, plus a call home. Then he would have got it again when he got home. In my day, kids showed discipline or else they received discipline and if the cops ever got involved, they would scare the kid and then take them home.

Now days they're expelling the kid or calling the cops for everything from talking on the phone during break to pointing bananas at classmates. The parents object and sue or the cops are charging and locking up little kids for felonies. It all makes my head spin and makes me want to puke.

The worst thing is how this polluted mentality has spread through all levels of society and government. Government in-fighting, everyone suing everyone for everything, courts filled with stupid stupid cases where people either don't take personal responsibility or else overzealous DAs seek out opportunities to win over seeking justice. Yuck. Yuck yuck YUCK.

Back