Stryker survived 500 pound bomb

Jesus Christ!

I have my doubts about the armor on Strykers but that picture goes a damned long way towards bolstering my confidence in the new vehicle!

Sometimes good luck saves people in many kind of serious situations, but everyone should remember that nothing is invincible.

Appears no bad surprises when machines believed to be invincible get suddenly destroyed by enemy.

Yes it was probably lucky, but i have lots of pics where strykers are destroyed.

I would have to concure with our friend...I doubt that bomb was set correctly to defeat an armoured vehicle. If it was a well set roadside bomb, they would all be hurt.

SHERMAN said:
Yes it was probably lucky, but i have lots of pics where strykers are destroyed.

I would have to concure with our friend...I doubt that bomb was set correctly to defeat an armoured vehicle. If it was a well set roadside bomb, they would all be hurt.

you are right...

rpgtoaststrykercloser.jpg

7638866.jpg
Not sure if this is stryker.
11mosul2.jpg

The last is a M93 Fox, NBC reconnaisance vehicle the US bought from Germany.

Hey, anything can be destroyed given enough TNT. They've blown up M1A2s for crying out loud! Get a huge enough amount of an explosion and you can destroy a city - been done - twice. Nobody's thinking that the Styker is invincible. It's just amazing that it took such a blast - set incorrectly or not - and still survived to bring its crew out in one piece much less move on its own power.

look, Im not talking about the amount of expolosives. any vehicle can be hurt with enough explosives. The PLO put something like 1000 pounds in a bomb that exploded right underneath a Merkava...And it completely destroyed it. Altough I dont think the turret was blown off. But some of the crew was killed. Either way, to take out a light armored vehicle, you need to postion the bombdiffrently than here, and use a diffrent kind of bomb.

well, it's still better than hummvs, so why the hell they still trying to send hummvs over iraq but not this kind of fully armored vehicle which can safe average 3 ppl a day......

k19 said:
well, it's still better than hummvs, so why the h**l they still trying to send hummvs over iraq but not this kind of fully armored vehicle which can safe average 3 ppl a day......

They aren't practical for every one and every mission.

k19 said:
well, it's still better than hummvs, so why the h**l they still trying to send hummvs over iraq but not this kind of fully armored vehicle which can safe average 3 ppl a day......

There's a hearts and minds thing. People are less likely to view you as an opressive occupier if you patrol in a really big truck where they can see you and interact with you; then if you do your patrol in a hatches down Bradley.

thats a lot of beating man, I will purchase one of those for my own personal use.

can anyone say Pope Mobile

Back