Stryker survived 500 pound bomb

--

January 27th, 2005  
EOD

Topic: Stryker survived 500 pound bomb

Amazing...
Nobody injured and it was still moving by own power afterwards.

http://strategypage.com/gallery/arti...2004101123.asp
January 27th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Jesus Christ!

I have my doubts about the armor on Strykers but that picture goes a damned long way towards bolstering my confidence in the new vehicle!
January 27th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Holy crap!
--
January 27th, 2005  
Snauhi

Yes it was probably lucky, but i have lots of pics where strykers are destroyed.
January 27th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Yes it was probably lucky, but i have lots of pics where strykers are destroyed.
Let's see em'.
January 27th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Topic: Re: Stryker survived 500 pound bomb

Sometimes good luck saves people in many kind of serious situations, but everyone should remember that nothing is invincible.

Appears no bad surprises when machines believed to be invincible get suddenly destroyed by enemy.
January 27th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I don't think anyone here really believes any weapon is invincible.
January 27th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Quote:
I would have to concure with our friend...I doubt that bomb was set correctly to defeat an armoured vehicle. If it was a well set roadside bomb, they would all be hurt.
January 27th, 2005  
EOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Quote:
I would have to concure with our friend...I doubt that bomb was set correctly to defeat an armoured vehicle. If it was a well set roadside bomb, they would all be hurt.
you are right...
January 27th, 2005  
Pete031

It's still pretty amazing....